★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Out of the Park Baseball 2011 for iPhone/iPod Touch

03-31-2011, 07:29 AM
iOOTP Baseball 2011 for iPhone/iPod Touch - Available May 5th!

Hello friends,

we've just officially announced Out of the Park Baseball 2011 for iPhone/iPod, the game is very close to being finished and will be released May 5th.

Many of you may not be familiar with the game "Out of the Park Baseball" (OOTP). It is a long running series of baseball management games for the PC and Mac since 1999. The game is widely regarded as the best baseball management (or simulation, what ever term you prefer) game on the market, winning all sorts of awards (i.e. PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year, Metacritic PC Game of the Year etc.). In fact, it still is the second best rated PC game of all time on metacritic.com.

Last year we began development on an iPhone/iPod Touch version, and now we're very close to finishing the project. iOOTP is driven by the ultra-realistic baseball simulation engine of OOTP 11 (PC version) and offers an easy to pick up and enjoyable baseball management experience. So if you've ever thought you could run your favorite baseball franchise better than the real life GM/manager, you now have the chance to prove it.

The game lets you take over any Major League team (real 2011 opening day rosters plus top prospects included), create a fictional league or play one of three included historical leagues (1923, 1965, 2004, more available through in-app purchase). iOOTP is a career simulation, so the game does not stop after one season. You can draft & develop new players, see your veterans retire (any maybe get elected to the Hall of Fame), sign free agents, make trades, negotiate contract extensions and so on. Guide your team into the future!

For more info, please check our latest newletter with the official announcement: Out of the Park Baseball 2011 for iPhone / iPod Touch Announced!

We've also opened the official game forums over at our OOTP Developments forums, check out FAQ and other info here: iOOTP 2011 Forums

If you'd like to find out more about the OOTP series in general, please visit the official OOTP 12 website.

We're sure that if you enjoy baseball, you will enjoy iOOTP quite a bit.

Looking forward to your feedback!
Markus Heinsohn & Sebastian Palkowski, Developers iOOTP 2011

PS: Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by OOTP Developments; 05-04-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Added release date.
03-31-2011, 08:03 AM
Nice! Even though I'm not from US, I like baseball..

This is the "Football Manager" of baseball.. :P

Waiting for it!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7

03-31-2011, 08:20 AM
about time we got a good baseball sim on the iOS... can't wait to get my hands on this!

Gamecenter/OpenFeint/Plus+: dizzydank

Reviews @AppTudes

Check out Processed Media!
04-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
Nice! Even though I'm not from US, I like baseball..
This is the "Football Manager" of baseball.. :P
Waiting for it!
I concur - OOTP is a great game imho and I'm looking forward to this becoming available
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I've been tracking this since they announced it last summer and can't wait.
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
IM really looking forward to it. I like baseball but games can take a while to get through seasons. This would be faster with having all the awesome strategy and management of baseball. Cant wait.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Our first "Road to Release" article is online. You can find it here:

iOOTP Baseball 2011 - Road to Release part One
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
late April release?
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
late April release?
Yes, we aim for late April.
04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Can't wait for this. Hopefully there will be more management games for other sports down the road, too.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth