★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Infinity Control is THE Sci-Fy Line Drawing Game
Welcome Recruit! You have just joined the Federation of International Space Marines!
You start on earth where you learn the basics managing incoming craft while avoiding passing by satellites, then you will help the researchers maneuver craft around the dense asteroids of Saturn.
Keep ahead of satellites orbiting around earth while docking ships! Watch out! The random appearance of black holes is possible!
Key features:
- Discover 3 incredible worlds in high resolution retina graphics with a dynamic orchestral score!
- GameCenter
Full integration with the game social network with Leaderboards and Achievements!
- Stats Screen
Track your career from young recruit to skilled veteran!

Check out the video at http://bit.ly/eRr3Oj
or search Youtube for Infinity Control for iPhone
or on my website renegadecitizen.com

If you are looking for a game with easy to pick-up but still challenging gameplay, stunning HD graphics and intuitive controls look no further!

Renegadecitizen's comments:
i just released my first game
Infinity Control
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=89213

Description

- You have just joined
the Federation of international Space Marines FISM
****Welcome Recruit****
you start on earth where u learn the basics managing incoming craft while avoiding passing by satellites, then you will help the researchers maneuver craft around the dense asteroids of Saturn
be careful though their research craft is expensive
then you will be needed on alien world
where it is up to you to keep the alien crafts from being sucked up by the random appearance of a black hole

-3 worlds to discover

- Openfient and GameCenter
Full integration with the two leading game social networks with Leaderboards and more achievements

- Retina Graphics
Beautifully detailed Art, hand painted that takes full advantage of your retina device.

- Stats Screen
track your career from young recruit to skilled veteran

my website for the game is http://www.renegadecitizen.com/infinitycontrol/

itunes link
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinity-control/id422627169?mt=8&ls=1
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM

03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Game Impressions from the pre release thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeeb246 View Post
Ok so I played for roughly 20min and heres my honest initial reaction

I definitely like it, Graphics are awesome, gameplay is just right with the difficulty

the only thing is that at the beginning I didnt know what was going on (No instructions), I didnt know it was a drag and direct game.

One thing you could add is a gameplay mode where when the exclamation marks appear, they could be the colour that corresponds to the colour of the ship thats approaching. That would be helpful for beginners. Also, maybe add more then 3 strikes in the beginning, and to slow down the rate of ships appearing just a bit. The reason Im adding all these tips for the beginning of the level is because first impressions are really important.

Another cool thing would be to add some features that allows you to blow up asteroids that are in the way, lets say after every 15-25 ships you get landed. Of course, to make the difficulty harder, you could add in flying asteroids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaddox View Post
Great game! I agree with some of the points that the user above me stated in reference to the "!" being color coordinated based on what color ship will be entering the screen.

The art work is beautiful in this game! I really wish more games used this style of art work, its very crisp and clean. Definitely a game worth picking up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serian View Post
This is a great polished game, definitely worth checking out for fans of Flight Control. The graphics are excellent, really well done. The music is great as well. The line drawing has worked perfectly. The obstacles are a nice touch and make things a lot trickier!

Do I have a complaint? Yes, actually two. One, this game should have come out a lot sooner as it would be in the top games list instead of Flight Control! My only real critique is that I feel like the play field is zoomed in too much. I would love to see the area zoomed out 15% - 25% more.

I agree with having the warning indicators match the ship type. Also, perhaps a different icon for the black hole warning would be good as well. I thought that highlighting the docking ship when drawing for a spaceship was a nice touch. Another interesting concept would be to have the docking ships move around levels, maybe available as an unlock after a certain rank.

As it is I would give it a 4.5 star review, however since that isn't possible I will give it 5 when it is released. Bravo, great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfox76 View Post
Quick take: very nice graphics and aesthetic feel, art is really nice as is sound effects...I don't know if it's a function of my lack of dexterity and skill in games like this but it feels like the degree of difficulty ramps up anlittle too quickly...I found myself getting fairly frustrated a few minutes in...not sure if different difficulty levels are planned?

Other than that's it's a very promissong effort, I do agree with the above poster that a field of view increase of about 25% would be great..

I kept thinking that the game would be great if there were some fun counters to the anomolies and such, perhaps shields , teleporters, dampening fields, lasers etc , defenses ontimers that could help with obstacles and such as well as provide a nice upgrade and tech path to compliment the line drawing aspect? Or does that just go against the genre too much ?

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 04-01-2011 at 03:49 AM.
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Looks like they brought a quality scifi setting and some new interesting game mechanics to the old Flight Control path-drawing genre.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
it is flight control in space but much cooler i think! it gets freaking chaotic!
03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Game Impressions

This game is intense. In fact. I'd say it's CRAZY. It is not a copy of Flight Control, and set in space. It is an immersive ride of intergalactic space fleet coordination. If you thought Flight Control was boring, then this is the FUN, completely unique and entertaining Infinity Control or as I like to call it ''Space Fleet Commander'', coming your way!

Your task: guide your ships to their docking stations... Can you handle the challenge? Dodge Satellites, see different planets, take control and keep your eyes peeled - you're in charge! Send your ships gliding only milimetres apart, hold your breath as you coordinate many ships between each other. Oh...and ensure they all reach their destination in one piece.

The gameplay is fun, entertaining, frustrating (I hated flight control), but overall an immersive experience. The game is well polished, as I found no bugs through any of my playthroughs.

The control is simple and fluid; I have had absolutely no problem controlling the ships. There are many obstacles and challenges which mean beating your last score is that much more satisfying. The graphics are great and the scenery adds to the immersion.

I personally think this is better than Flight Control. It is actually a lot more FUN. I deleted Flight Control because I didn't really like it - it was very boring. However, with Infinity Control, I'll never delete this gem!
03-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeo View Post
This game is intense. In fact. I'd say it's CRAZY. It is not a copy of Flight Control, and set in space. It is an immersive ride of intergalactic space fleet coordination. If you thought Flight Control was boring, then this is the FUN, completely unique and entertaining Infinity Control or as I like to call it ''Space Fleet Commander'', coming your way!

Your task: guide your ships to their docking stations... Can you handle the challenge? Dodge Satellites, see different planets, take control and keep your eyes peeled - you're in charge! Send your ships gliding only milimetres apart, hold your breath as you coordinate many ships between each other. Oh...and ensure they all reach their destination in one piece.

The gameplay is fun, entertaining, frustrating (I hated flight control), but overall an immersive experience. The game is well polished, as I found no bugs through any of my playthroughs.

The control is simple and fluid; I have had absolutely no problem controlling the ships. There are many obstacles and challenges which mean beating your last score is that much more satisfying. The graphics are great and the scenery adds to the immersion. I

I personally think this is better than Flight Control. It is actually a lot more FUN. I deleted Flight Control because I didn't really like it - it was very boring. However, with Infinity Control, I'll never delete this gem!
haha amen brotha! flight control is boring lol....this is much better sci fi FTW!
04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
hmm gfx looks interesting.. and the comments are good.. since i dig line drawing games (yes i even like flight control, have it 3 times ipod, ipad and ps3) i'm gonna check this out for sure.
04-02-2011, 05:09 AM
ok had time to play it some more.. and i need to agree to the comments from the others.. its pretty polished, has a nice art style and the music is a nice orchestral score that fits pretty nice..

the level itself are differently setup.. my favourite is saturn because there is an asteroid field that acts like a maze you need to fly through.. some idea are pretty unique to a line drawing game..

i looked around a bit into the rankings and there are tons of achievements and ranks to unlock.. pretty crazy.. reminds me a bit of call of duty and other shooters where you rise in rank.. not sure if they unlock something.. need to play some more..

as for critics.. well i think a bigger variety of ships would be cool and yes the hole playfield could easily be zoomed out be 15-25% like others commented.. currently you are very close to the action which can make it pretty difficult at times..

left a review.. good luck with your sales.
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM