★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Drop7 by Zynga FREE for the weekend

04-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Drop7 by Zynga FREE for the weekend

Amazing puzzle strategy game free for the weekend!
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Drop7 by Zynga [AD-FREE Version] FREE THIS WEEKEND

04-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I know it was happening, but it seems so strange to have such a unique and quirky game being sold by..... Zynga.

I mean.... Zynga..

Oh, and dont get me wrong, I snapped this up faster than a cockroach when the lights go on.
04-02-2011, 01:51 AM
I grabbed it too, but I don't really get the appeal. I have the foresight of a mayfly so I can't really plan out combos in puzzle games... either they happen or they don't, and they usually don't. The play mechanic for this one is especially hard to wrap my head around, which doesn't help matters much. I "get" it, but I can't see far enough ahead to make it work for me.

To be honest, I enjoy Bookworm a lot more, because it tests my linguistic skills without forcing me to do my best imitation of Nostradamus. Also, the Peter Max-inspired artwork coupled with all those numbers just reminds me way too much of the Pinball Song from Sesame Street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YcBVEnLT8

So what's the deal with the Zynga branding? Did the original developers sell the rights to the Farmville guys?
04-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Just curious...how is this different than the original Drop7?
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieg View Post
The exact same except with a Zynga branding.
04-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I love Drop7. I play that all the time.

I picked up the Zynga version, too. Does it mean this is that the original Area/Code version is going to be obsolete? The description on the Area/Code version seems to indicate that the Zynga version is the one to get now, but it also seems that they'll support the original Area/Code version, too.
04-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieg View Post
Different publisher. Gameplay is completely the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingturtle View Post
I love Drop7. I play that all the time.

I picked up the Zynga version, too. Does it mean this is that the original Area/Code version is going to be obsolete? The description on the Area/Code version seems to indicate that the Zynga version is the one to get now, but it also seems that they'll support the original Area/Code version, too.
Yes, get the Zynga version as soon as you can before the price goes up. Area/Code will now only be supporting the version published by Zynga.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
And this one isn't the ad supported one.

Everything else is the exact same. Very worth picking up!!
04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Greetings from the Drop7 team. You know, before we were acquired by Zynga we weren't doing a great job supporting Drop7. We barely ever updated, we didn't spend much time fixing and improving the game, and we didn't pay enough attention to our player community.

All that's going to change starting now.

From now on we're going to give Drop7 and Drop7 players the attention they deserve. More and better support, faster bug fixes, more improvements, more frequent updates, and possibly new features.

We're going to start by making sure every single person who currently owns Drop7 can get the new version free, so you can get onboard this new era of Drop7 goodness. You can also keep the old version forever; by the way, it will never change.

This weekend the premium version of Drop7 by Zynga will be free for everyone.

After this weekend, owners of the old Drop7 will still be able to get the premium version free, just download the update to the app and follow the instructions.

Thanks for playing Drop7 and let us know what you would like to see going forward, we're listening.

http://zyn.ga/4Ei