★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Superball 3 (superball 2 Update)

04-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Superball 3 (superball 2 Update)

Has anyone tried this i am downloading now
Whats new
04-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I just got the update about an hour ago, I haven't played on it much but a lot has been added. Here is what it now says in the description:

Quote:
SuperBall 3 features:

- An incredible physics engine where every game element reacts to bounces, collisions, explosions and much more.

- A powerful level builder for easily creating level sets straight from your iPhone or iPod Touch.

- Different shaped blocks, including ciricles, squares and triangles.

- 24 different bonuses, ranging from explosion blocks like Bombs and SuperNovas to portal bonuses like Black Hole and Worm Hole.

- A ridiculous 1200+ levels of the 3 game modes, plus 3 difficulties totaling over 3,500 medal challenges.

- A beautiful and simple user interface allowing you to go back to beaten levels, check out high scores and much more.

- Accelerometer based "Tilt Mode" for controller the paddle just by tilting your device.

- Two player versus mode.

The level editor is easy to use and works well, it's a shame that you can't share levels though.

Overall it's an amazing update and should bring this game back up from the dust.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

Last edited by Palfince; 04-06-2009 at 08:12 AM.
04-06-2009, 08:35 AM
This is an update to the existing game?
Has the price changed for it?
04-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
This is an update to the existing game?
Has the price changed for it?
Here is the link to SuperBall 3 there is also a lite version.

The game was originally named SuperPong and only had about 42 levels. The developer then brought out SuperPong 2 which had 350+ levels with a two player mode and a puzzle mode. Atari then asked the developer to remove SuperPong 2 from the App Store, but instead the developer just had to change the name to SuperBall 2.
The developer has now brought out SuperBall 3. All of the new versions of the game came out as updates and the price has remained at $1.99 since 9th October 2008.

You can read more about it on the developer's website.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!