★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** Added BONUS 3 MAPS 'Spider Cave' and a boss monster**

Defeat four evil dragons.

Kill monsters to earn gold and train your character.
Dodge traps and search 24 levels for hidden equipments.
Save people and learn magics from them.

Controls are easy, but enemies are challenging.

Please enjoy adventure.

* version 1.2 features *
- Added hard difficulty
- Fixed looting pop-up not being closed when load is full

* version 1.1 features *
- compatibility with iPod touch 2G.
- fixed a bug about dropped gold.

App Store Achievement History
- New and Noteworthy in the Role Playing & Adventure Apps Category
- #1 Role Playing Free App in Japanese App Store
- #7 Game Free App in Japanese App Store

BoyAndWitch's comments:
Dragon Slasher

Our new game 'Dragon Slasher' has arrived in the App Store.
It's free (+ IAP).
Feel free to play it.

'Dragon Slasher' is a little old-school style action rpg.

====Description===================
You have to defeat four evil dragons.

Kill monsters to earn gold and train your character.
Dodge traps and search 24 levels for hidden equipments.
Save people and learn magics from them.

Controls are easy, but enemies are challenging.
================================

iTunes Link : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragonslasher/id426074232?mt=8
04-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Whoa it's BoyAndWitch! I really enjoyed your other games, and this will hopefully be no exception. And for free, too!

04-02-2011, 11:17 AM
The game is fairly addicting and simplistic. Very easy to pickup, but can also be very challenging. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who enjoys action RPGs.

04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh, I missed.
It has IAP $0.99 for unlocking full version.
But you can play half of the game.
I'm sorry. There's no promo code for IAP from Apple.
04-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyAndWitch View Post
Oh, I missed.
It has IAP $0.99 for unlocking full version.
But you can play half of the game.
I'm sorry. There's no promo code for IAP from Apple.
There's IAP? Oh well. It's fun for the first half though.

04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Game Impressions

Surpringly smart and fun, and nowhere as simple as it appears at first glance. The story is basic, but behind it is a full RPG engine with multiple upgradable stats, plenty of loot, equipment that shows on the character, and a player-skill-based combat system that's genuinely challenging. Visually the game has plenty of style; some of the backgrounds are almost gorgeous, and the character animation is limited but well executed. I love the fact that when you die your gold remains where you fell while you respawn in town (like Diablo, I think) creating an instant quest (you know you're going after that gold).

I'm very impressed, and more than a little surprised.
04-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Surpringly smart and fun, and nowhere as simple as it appears at first glance. The story is basic, but behind it is a full RPG engine with multiple upgradable stats, plenty of loot, equipment that shows on the character, and a player-skill-based combat system that's genuinely challenging. Visually the game has plenty of style; some of the backgrounds are almost gorgeous, and the character animation is limited but well executed. I love the fact that when you die your gold remains where you fell while you respawn in town (like Diablo, I think) creating an instant quest (you know you're going after that gold).

I agree except that I think dropping all gold makes for difficult gameplay - a lot of grinding. You need that gold to acquire healing and attribute bonuses to use the items you acquire. If you lose the gold, you start all the way back at town and have to kill all of the mobs again to retrieve it (which in itself will be difficult since you probably dropped it fighting something hard). I think dropping half would be more appropriate.

Otherwise, game has a nice style to it. Fighting is a bit too simplistic though (but I haven't gotten very far - maybe there's more once I acquire different spells/weapons/skills?).

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
04-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
I agree except that I think dropping all gold makes for difficult gameplay - a lot of grinding. You need that gold to acquire healing and attribute bonuses to use the items you acquire. If you lose the gold, you start all the way back at town and have to kill all of the mobs again to retrieve it (which in itself will be difficult since you probably dropped it fighting something hard). I think dropping half would be more appropriate.

Otherwise, game has a nice style to it. Fighting is a bit too simplistic though (but I haven't gotten very far - maybe there's more once I acquire different spells/weapons/skills?).
Combat is all about timing attacks, blocks, and dodges -- as the mobs get stronger, the less effective button mashing is. You also have to deal with multiple enemies at once, as well as enemies with ranged attacks. In other words, the combat mechanics are simple, but the actual fighting is way more sophisticated -- and more fun -- than that of the typical MMO-style RPG (hit attack, watch your health, hit special, etc). You've got block/push-back, backstabbing, off-balance effects, weapon range and speed effects, chained attacks, etc.

Last edited by squarezero; 04-02-2011 at 06:32 PM.
04-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Squarezero approved. I know I'll be downloading this.
04-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

Ditto. In fact, I think the whole thing from the very first town has a distinct "Diablo" vibe about it. I've not played long enough yet to be able to attest to the depth, but I'm definitely hooked and want to keep playing.