★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Wooden Labyrinth 3D v.1.2 IMPORTANT news if you are updating

04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Wooden Labyrinth 3D v.1.2 IMPORTANT news if you are updating

The version 1.2 hit the App Store today. New features include support for downloading user-created levels, endless mode (non-stop auto-generated levels), more options and new custom levels. New features also include a statistics bug, which will affect updating customers. New customers will not be affected, so go ahead and get the game (or go and enjoy it if you just did).

For those of you that are not so lucky, here's what's going to happen if you update and "what to do". You SHOULD wait until Apple reviews the patch I'm sending in today if you want to hold on to your precious record times.

v1.1 => 1.2

What happens: You will lose records for the last three level packs (alphabet, bonus 1 and bonus 2). Also the new built-in packs won't save records.

What also happens if you don't fix it immediately (and you play the new built-in levels): The dictionary gets corrupted and the game won't start anymore... see general fix

What to do: The lost records are gone for good I'm afraid. You can enable the records for the new packs however. Just select "Delete" on them and redownload them using the IDs 112, 117 and 118.

v. 1.0 => 1.2

What happens: To my understanding... nothing bad. If however some records don't seem to get saved, delete and redownload should work as before. Please send me and email if you do such an update and you end up with problems. elias.pietila@gmail.com

General fix: remove and reinstall the application.. you will lose all your records, but you will also save some headache.

I'm very sorry for this bug to have slipped by. I've fixed it and I'm resubmitting today. Last update took a week, let's hope this one is quicker.

Here's some new youtube material if you are looking for a labyrinth game.

1.2 interface and gameplay:
Level editor tutorial:

Level editor: http://qvik.fi/leveleditor
App Store: http://linktoapp.com/wooden+labyrinth+3d

Elias

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!

Last edited by eVp; 04-06-2009 at 01:06 PM.
04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
seems like a nice game.

M99

04-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
v1.1 => 1.2

What happens: You will lose records for the last three level packs (alphabet, bonus 1 and bonus 2). Also the new built-in packs won't save records.

What to do: The lost records are gone for good I'm afraid. You can enable the records for the new packs however. Just select "Delete" on them and redownload them using the IDs 112, 117 and 118.
Thanks for the quick solution. I haven't updated yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVp View Post
The version 1.2 hit the App Store today. New features include support for downloading user-created levels, endless mode (non-stop auto-generated levels), more options and new custom levels. New features also include a statistics bug, which will affect updating customers. New customers will not be affected, so go ahead and get the game (or go and enjoy it if you just did).

For those of you that are not so lucky, here's what's going to happen if you update and "what to do". You SHOULD wait until Apple reviews the patch I'm sending in today if you want to hold on to your precious record times.

v1.1 => 1.2

What also happens if you don't fix it immediately (and you play the new built-in levels): The dictionary gets corrupted and the game won't start anymore... see general fix

v. 1.0 => 1.2

What happens: To my understanding... nothing bad. If however some records don't seem to get saved, delete and redownload should work as before. Please send me and email if you do such an update and you end up with problems. elias.pietila@gmail.com

General fix: remove and reinstall the application.. you will lose all your records, but you will also save some headache.

I'm very sorry for this bug to have slipped by. I've fixed it and I'm resubmitting today. Last update took a week, let's hope this one is quicker.

Here's some new youtube material if you are looking for a labyrinth game.

1.2 interface and gameplay: YouTube: video
Level editor tutorial: YouTube: video

Level editor: http://qvik.fi/leveleditor
App Store: http://linktoapp.com/wooden+labyrinth+3d

Elias
OK, I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I have the 1.1=>1.2 situation. I don't care about scores, I just want the game to be able to run!
When you say to remove and reinstall the application, do you mean delete it from my Touch, and then re-download it from the application folder in my iTunes? Or should I also delete it from my iTunes folder and then try and "buy" it again? Will I end up paying again if I do that? Thanks.
04-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the patch to the update.

I did install the 1.2 update over wifi (not iTunes)but did not open the application from the device. After reading about this patch, I deleted the v1.2 app from the device and will sync back to get the old version, 1.1. Then I'll install the new patch when Apple lets it through.

That should retain my old records, correct?
04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcl View Post
Thanks for the patch to the update.

I did install the 1.2 update over wifi (not iTunes)but did not open the application from the device. After reading about this patch, I deleted the v1.2 app from the device and will sync back to get the old version, 1.1. Then I'll install the new patch when Apple lets it through.

That should retain my old records, correct?
You probably won't have your old records from v1.1 if you installed and then deleted v1.2 from your device. The records are saved on the application so deleting it will delete your records. I'm not 100% sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
OK, I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I have the 1.1=>1.2 situation. I don't care about scores, I just want the game to be able to run!
When you say to remove and reinstall the application, do you mean delete it from my Touch, and then re-download it from the application folder in my iTunes? Or should I also delete it from my iTunes folder and then try and "buy" it again? Will I end up paying again if I do that? Thanks.
If you don't care about saving your records then just delete the app from your device and then either download it on your device from the App Store, or reinstall it from iTunes. It should work fine, mine does.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
good thing i haven't synced yet. i will wait for the patch
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I have already updated, does that mean I should not play the game right now?
04-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Orange View Post
I have already updated, does that mean I should not play the game right now?
Well, records are meant to be broken... and lost. I'd enjoy the game and just make new records. I've deleted mine so many times I can't count.

Btw, the fix was two lines of code. My gosh... this is when the approval process REALLY annoys me. Now we wait.

Every cloud has a silver lining I guess. WL3D Free just passed Labyrinth Lite Edition in the US app store. It has also climbed to the #7 free game spot in the UK!

Wooden Labyrinth 3D - Apple Design Award winner!
Multitask Madness - test your brain, challenge your friends!
Need quality iPhone consulting or custom applications? Check out my company's website at Qvik.fi!
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I really want to see some of the level packs people have made. The thread for this kind of failed.