★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Galaxy on Fire...Strategy, Tips, etc....

04-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Galaxy on Fire...Strategy, Tips, etc....

I have recently purchased Galaxy on Fire and have searched for a central thread that contains helpful information regarding gameplay. Since I was unable to find one I started this one.

Please post any tips, or strategies you have learned throughout your travels in the universe.

Here are a few I have gleaned from other forums...

1. Don't play chicken when you have no shields

2. Leading( ie. shooting ahead of) the shots you fire at an opponent is essential to victory.

3. Diving straight down helps avoid a head to head most times.

4. A quick backwards loop (pulling up) usually is sufficient to get behind an enemy that is tailing you closely.

5. Adjusting the sensitivity of tilt control (usually increasing) helps improve accuracy

6. Most people suggest using the tilt controls over the touch controls.

and so on...

Last edited by yoman; 04-06-2009 at 04:44 PM.
04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
tilt to your left or right and use boost to stay away from line of sight..this was helpful on mission 13...

04-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Buy a shield asap.
04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
The Thermo Nemesis weapon seems to be very useful for the mine clearing, attack convoy and space junk missions.
04-08-2009, 07:39 AM
Just finished Mission 13 yesterday and started playing the open world. I've noticed that when fighting some enemies you can shoot down their incoming missiles, etc. That's been helpful when attacking the larger ships. For example, you can keep targeting an area of the ship while (hopefully) shooting any incoming fire
04-08-2009, 09:31 AM
how do I purchase new ship?.I have enough credits but cannot see "buy new ship option in store".

I'm loading Autosave and proceeding with game play.My status level is 6 and still riding Icarus with shield..
04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk View Post
how do I purchase new ship?.I have enough credits but cannot see "buy new ship option in store".

I'm loading Autosave and proceeding with game play.My status level is 6 and still riding Icarus with shield..
You need to first find a system/station that allows trade of ships, then jump back and forth from the system in order to refresh the items for sale at the shop. Try using two close systems to save money. Eventually you will find the ship available for purchase hope this helps.
04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
About Upgrades:

It appears that there are two types of upgrades for each shop item:

Green items are the weaker/cheaper ones.

Orange/red items are the more powerful/expensive ones.
04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman View Post
It appears that there are two types of upgrades for each shop item:

Green items are the weaker/cheaper ones.

Orange/red items are the more powerful/expensive ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman View Post
You need to first find a system/station that allows trade of ships, then jump back and forth from the system in order to refresh the items for sale at the shop. Try using two close systems to save money. Eventually you will find the ship available for purchase hope this helps.

Thanks yoman...another question is whats the strategy on selling your current ship?.sell the weapons first and then ship to get back most of your credits (I know shield will transfer to new ship but not weapons)..?
04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm still stuck on the early mission(8 i think) where you have to take out the gun turrets on the huge enemy cruiser. Does anyone have any tips for that mission?