★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Paper Shooter 1.99->free

04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Paper Shooter 1.99->free

It looks like an interesting race/shooter hybrid. It says it has a built in level editor and multiplayer so it's an instant download for me. Plus it's FREE!

04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Graphics in the screenshots look like crap!
04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
What the hell? Looks like an MS paint accident.
Free is too much for me, I'll wait for a sale.
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
:P I actually like the unique graphics though they look bad. It's pretty fun so far and the editor allows you to draw the terrain and everything. Haven't tried multiplayer yet.
04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Okay the controls can take some getting used to, but at least you can calibrate them unlike some games...
04-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to markphamlin Send a message via MSN to markphamlin Send a message via Yahoo to markphamlin
Hello, thanks for the comments.

I just found this forum while googling Paper Shooter, so I figure I may as well leave some comments.

We are getting a lot of suggestions for content/controls/graphical improvements, and these are all being worked on. The idea for a joystick style control is still being debated, as usually people get used to the accelerometer controls after a few minutes.

The 1.1 update should be through Apple's review process in a few days, and it has minor improvements with menu graphics and performance...

We're working on 1.2, which should have some new weapons and turret types, single player difficulty settings, more player ship types, and possibly Internet games (this feature may be delayed to 1.3 for testing). I've been working on a server tracker backend the last week which will make internet games possible. The general idea of internet games is that people can download a server application for Mac OS X which validates with a tracker, and then is available for client iPhone/iPod Touches to play on. This feature will most likely be accompanied with team style games and turrets (which currently aren't available in WiFi multiplayer).

This being said, we have plans to make this a more unique iPhone game and boost it's popularity and appearance.

If you guys have any specific questions about the app I'll be checking this thread.

Thanks for playing!
-Mark Hamlin, Paper Shooter developer