Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-15-2014, 07:49 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Default Shades: A Simple Puzzle Game (by UOVO)

Old 09-15-2014, 07:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just saw this on Apple's featured page. I'm going to try it out. It looks slick and minimalist and pretty. Can't resist.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:50 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Just downloaded and played it. I regret buying this. To me the entire way the game works it not a great idea for a puzzle. It's not fun and everything it too dependent on luck most of the time. You make one or two mistakes and you might as well start over.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Just downloaded and played it. I regret buying this. To me the entire way the game works it not a great idea for a puzzle. It's not fun and everything it too dependent on luck most of the time. You make one or two mistakes and you might as well start over.
I'm feeling the same way. Once I make a mistake, it is near impossible to correct it. Maybe this game would work better with set levels to clear and infinite time to set up moves. The way the game is now, it's just not fun long-term.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:16 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've been playing this game almost all weekend, disappointed to see that others have not enjoyed it, coloured blocks fall from the top and matching two together produces a new shade, if you get a whole row if the same shade it clears. The speed gathers and it becomes a little more difficult to plan where to place the colours. Each round has a different colour, I'm not keen on the blues as the lighter shades are all similar. It's feels like Tetris and threes had a baby.

Love the feeling of when you think your tower of blocks has hit the top and it's game over you make a match which clears a ton of rows.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:08 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I've been playing this game almost all weekend, disappointed to see that others have not enjoyed it, coloured blocks fall from the top and matching two together produces a new shade, if you get a whole row if the same shade it clears. The speed gathers and it becomes a little more difficult to plan where to place the colours. Each round has a different colour, I'm not keen on the blues as the lighter shades are all similar. It's feels like Tetris and threes had a baby.

Love the feeling of when you think your tower of blocks has hit the top and it's game over you make a match which clears a ton of rows.
Several weeks after I posted my impressions I started to like this game more and more. I forgot to change my review. The problem was I was thinking this game was supposed to be like Tetris, i.e. the goal it to clear the rows. That is only one part of the objective. By combining colors you can make the game last a lot longer and this adds something new to this genre. I do have an issue with the scoring system though. I could get to level 6 and my level 6 score could be 3 times lower than a score that ended on level 2.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:46 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Several weeks after I posted my impressions I started to like this game more and more. I forgot to change my review. The problem was I was thinking this game was supposed to be like Tetris, i.e. the goal it to clear the rows. That is only one part of the objective. By combining colors you can make the game last a lot longer and this adds something new to this genre. I do have an issue with the scoring system though. I could get to level 6 and my level 6 score could be 3 times lower than a score that ended on level 2.
Yeah, I've gotten to level ten but ended up with a lower score than at level five. Ive not checked but I'm guessing you go up a level after clearing a set number of rows, but the score you get for individual rows depends on the colour of that row, so getting to level ten making mostly rows of the lighters shades will score you less than getting to level five with rows of the darker colours as that's more tricky. Hope that made sense, I'll test it later when I get some free time.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 8.x

Default Level 12

I have been playing Shades on Easy and have gotten 30,000 points, but I have been on level 11 since around 10,000 points. It has even glitched and now I can;t clear the bottom row. Is there a level 12?
Old 01-25-2015, 12:55 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by klin2162 View Post
I have been playing Shades on Easy and have gotten 30,000 points, but I have been on level 11 since around 10,000 points. It has even glitched and now I can;t clear the bottom row. Is there a level 12?
It must be a glitch they just released the easy mode.