★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Toast Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Tower of Ra is a defense game featuring the first random map generator and two-player online multiplayer supported by Game Center. Strategically decide to send units to your enemy or build your own defense.

Game Features:
- Defend Yourself With 5 Upgradable Towers
- Send 10 Unique Units to Your Enemy
- Unlimited Maps to Play Due to a Random Path Generator
- Play Online Against Friends via Game Center or Sharpen Your Skills Against the AI in Single Player

Tutorial:
In Tower of Ra, players spend gold to either build defenses or send units to the other player. Units start at the bottom of the screen and follow the designated path. Once a unit reaches the other end of the path, that player loses a life to their opponent. If a player reaches 0 lives, the game is over and their opponent wins.

Gold can obtained by either killing enemy units or through income. Every 20 seconds income is calculated and added to your gold. Your income is increased by 20% of the cost for every unit you send to your opponent.

Gold may be spent on sending units to your opponents, building new towers for defense, or upgrading existing towers. You are only allowed to build 5 towers until you pay to increase your tower limit. Each tower can be upgraded to level 5 and there are 5 types of towers.

Towers:
Atar - Damage over time
Baal - Slows units
Tamptu - No Special
Azrael - Unlimited Range
Ra - High Damage

- iPod Touch Requires Wifi Internet for Online Play
- Game Center also Required for Online Play

Toast Games's comments:
Hi All,

I'm the developer of the new game Tower of Ra, the first full multiplayer tower defense with unlimited maps due to a random map generator.

Here's some promo codes, let me know what you think of it:

FF64TAK6KY3K
X3YFNKJTH6AX
JKN7RFTA3TT4
63WHL3A9E3A9
LTAJFN4JP6LJ
P9WRNWR3X3K3

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tower-of-ra/id409969886?mt=8

Thanks,
Toast Games
04-04-2011, 11:53 PM
All gone and 0 reply

04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
:[ i swear ppl just take take take no replies T^T i wanted to try this.

Favorites: NS Hex/Puzzle, Warzone: Anomaly.
Playing: Fara, A Big Game.
Waiting for:T7G:Infection(U), World Fighters ,Legion of the Damned
04-05-2011, 07:31 AM
seems like more and more just code hunters on TA o well what can you do..maybe one of them will come back and let us know how the game is
04-05-2011, 07:53 AM
People run scripts to automatically jack codes and redeem them. Old news.
04-05-2011, 03:50 PM
This game looks really great. Has anybody played it and have any impressions on it? If not, I might be willing to TOFTT, but I'm not sure how long it would take me to give impressions, as I have a backlog of games I need to play.
04-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Looks like it could be a good game. For some reason, the name "Tower of Ra", got me thinking about the "Knights of Ni".

Ahh, gotta go re-watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" now....
04-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi646 View Post
This game looks really great. Has anybody played it and have any impressions on it? If not, I might be willing to TOFTT, but I'm not sure how long it would take me to give impressions, as I have a backlog of games I need to play.
You will not get any reviews from the ghouls who always plunder the codes, perhaps some dev can make an app about them, like 'code vampires of touch arcade'
04-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
You will not get any reviews from the ghouls who always plunder the codes, perhaps some dev can make an app about them, like 'code vampires of touch arcade'
Have to agree there. I know it's a pain, but I still think Devs would get better feedback and/or reviews sending codes via PM to people who truly participate in these forums. Sometimes I wonder if there are people out there that somehow scan these forums just for codes using some kind of program. There's times when I see that a thread only had a couple of views -- yet 10 or more promo codes are gone.
04-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Game Impressions

I have played it, very fun and challenging on hard mode. Just like Line Tower Wars in Warcraft. Different from other tower defense games because you have to manage your sending of creeps as well as the defense of your path (again just like LTW in Warcraft). Managing income and tower upgrades is very important as well. Overall a very good game, especially the multiplayer with friends.