★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: BeTheOne
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.2 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Simple but fairly difficult. Difficult but terribly addictive. :)

Once started, you can't stop!! Enjoy your time with tiny rag blocks.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Hold any block and drag out a rectangle having four corners of the same color
- Release finger to collect all blocks inside the rectangle
- Free all faces on every stage
- You can be obtained items if 4 corners of the selected rectangle are "Item block"

FEATURES:
- Easy interface
- Openfeint leaderboard
- Auto save support

TIP:
- The bigger rectangle, more points
- Gather more items in lower stages. There will be a need in the future.

Check out the game playing video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066Xv3Qd2bY

Mad Scott's comments:

Name:  badge128.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  20.1 KB
04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Looks kind of cool and for a buck might have been tempted but a couple things throw me off - first you typo'd your title of the thread. If you are too anxious to check your work in making a thread I wonder what stuff you might have missed in game.

Second, a dev that rates his own game 5 stars is a put off to me. Of COURSE you think it is worth 5 stars - you don't think we already take that into account? Let the forum members rate your game - you made the game you don't have to and should not rate it.

So maybe if I let that stuff go and revisit the game later I won't be as agitated. Maybe then I will give the game a shot since it does look pretty cool and unique.

04-05-2011, 07:50 AM

o.O

Games: Boom Boat | Boom Boat 2
Developer: Razoric.com
Social: Twitter | Facebook

Last edited by Razoric; 04-05-2011 at 07:58 AM.
04-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoric View Post

o.O
Uncanny!
04-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Actually, it's not just uncanny. Those blocks in the screenshot are a direct rip from the original Blockee. Hmm...
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
Actually, it's not just uncanny. Those blocks in the screenshot are a direct rip from the original Blockee. Hmm...
Well then there is the third strike for me.

Don't rip off another dev.
04-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm not familiar this forum. I just clicked stars(of course 5) with no definite idea.
I'm sorry if it give umbrage to you.
04-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Looks kind of cool and for a buck might have been tempted but a couple things throw me off - first you typo'd your title of the thread. If you are too anxious to check your work in making a thread I wonder what stuff you might have missed in game.

Second, a dev that rates his own game 5 stars is a put off to me. Of COURSE you think it is worth 5 stars - you don't think we already take that into account? Let the forum members rate your game - you made the game you don't have to and should not rate it.

So maybe if I let that stuff go and revisit the game later I won't be as agitated. Maybe then I will give the game a shot since it does look pretty cool and unique.
I'm not familiar this forum. I just clicked stars(of course 5) with no definite idea.
I'm sorry if it give umbrage to you.
04-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runloop View Post
It's too absurd. I also wonder why your images closely resemble mine.
04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Game Impressions

Oh come on, I'm willing to bet I can find other block based games featuring a block with big eyeballs. While I'll admit the dimensions are pretty similar, I'm not convinced it was a blatant rip of your icon.

Onto the game itself...

Mad Scott has taken the basic gameplay of "Same Corner Blocky" (real catchy name, not!) but really jazzed it up:

http://www.andkon.com/arcade/puzzle/samecornerblocky/

While your main goal is to clear out all of the eyeballs from the field via clearing them in large rectangles as possible of same colored corners, there are several other aspects to keep in mind.

1) You'll receive a time bonus for whatever is left on your time gage once you clear out all of the eyeballs.

2) Handy bonus items will appear which can only be claimed if they lie in one of the corners of the rectangle cleared. Since the unused items carry over from level to level, the ideal strategy is to grab many of them early on and save them for when things get tough in the later stages.

3) If all corners of a cleared group are eyeballs you'll get some extra bonus points for clearing the rectangle.

While I found the game great fun, I do have a few whines:

1) I don't think the game informs you when out of legal moves. A real general rule I think the dev should add in an update is that if there are no more power-ups in the player's toolbox and no legal moves on the board, the player should immediately be informed that the game is over.

2) There are no in game instructions.

3) Almost a subset of point #2, none of the handy items uses are explained in any way.

4) Once you click on a tool to use it I don't believe there is any way to then cancel your action before carrying through with it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews