Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@niebau - Thanks for the detailed response! Will give it a try. No problem mentioning your influences; it's a great way to help people understand what the game is all about.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I can be more specific later but am really enjoying Knighturn so far, highly recommended even at $3.99.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default Bugs & promo codes

Hi again,

The good news is that I will be able to provide new promo codes soon.

The bad news is that due to a bug units cannot get past Lvl 3 right now .
The bug is fixed already, as well as a memory leak that has the potential to lead to a crash after some time.
Two very unnecessary bugs, but well, that kind of things just happen ...

The new version is in Apple's waiting queue for review already, and I was even bold enough to ask for an expeditious review.
If it will be declined, it will probably take about 7 days until the fixed version will be availabe in the store.

/sarcasmOn
Well, that's a start every developer is dreaming of .
/sarcasmOff
Old 04-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
Hi again,

The bug is fixed already, as well as a memory leak that has the potential to lead to a crash after some time.

The new version is in Apple's waiting queue for review already, and I was even bold enough to ask for an expeditious review.
If it will be declined, it will probably take about 7 days until the fixed version will be availabe in the store.

/sarcasmOn
/sarcasmOff
I would love a code. Game sounds like I might like it. I have nostalgia for Fantasy General, but never really got into Wesnoth.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

Loving the game so far, really sucks about the leveling bug. I highly recommend this game to fans of TBS games. I like it a lot more than Wesnoth.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Hi again,

/sarcasmOn
/sarcasmOff
As I often tell people, don't worry about it; all bugs are unintentional. We'll still be here to snap it up. Most people won't even make it to level 3, before the update drops, unless they hang out here. lol
Old 04-07-2011, 02:21 PM

On level 2 I noticed that the enemy units just keep respawning (as does my army) which seems to lengthen the game. The last go-round were were at a standstill forever before the enemy over-ran be. That they keep respawning seems to make it much more difficult (not that I don't enjoy difficult games). I would prefer if there was an option to turn off enemy respawn. Perhaps even adding with that the ability to turn off player respawn within a level.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
On level 2 I noticed that the enemy units just keep respawning (as does my army) which seems to lengthen the game. The last go-round were were at a standstill forever before the enemy over-ran be. That they keep respawning seems to make it much more difficult (not that I don't enjoy difficult games). I would prefer if there was an option to turn off enemy respawn. Perhaps even adding with that the ability to turn off player respawn within a level.
This SRPG is a bit different, then some, were you have basically, an unlimited number of units. When your character dies they are just wounded and are able to come back in several turns when they at are at full health. There is a maximum number of units (shown at the bottom) to tell you how many units you can have out on the battlefield at one time.

So your strategy in this game is to grow your army to capture things like Paslisades which adds one to your maximum (and decrease the enemies by one). When you capture the enemies base you prevent them from respawning anymore.

Last edited by Marcus70; 04-07-2011 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

@undeadcow:

The second level is certainly not easy because you don't have that many troops available, yet. But if you hire an additional mercenary in advance, focus on conquering palisades first, and most importantly keep Juliet alive, you should be fine.

In a dead-end situation you might consider the Retreat option. With the knowledge about the map, and the experience and gold you have gathered then, a 2nd try will much likely lead to a success.

Another option is to switch the difficulty to 'Easier' at the beginning (one opponent less) until you are more familiar with the tactics in Knighturn. You might be surprised how much difference one opponent more or less makes in this game.

But I would love to hear some other opinions about the 2nd scenario. Maybe the difficulty of scenario 2 is really exaggerated, and the number of opponents should be decreased by one in general. Some other opinions?

As for switching off respawning:
I think one of the clues of Knighturn is actually the respawning. Switching it off would be like not allowing the opponent to build a base in games like Command & Conquer or Warcraft.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM

Don't get me wrong, Knighturn is a top notch game and I'm really enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post
This SRPG is a bit different, then some, were you have basically, an unlimited number of units. ...When you capture the enemies base you prevent them from respawning anymore.
Maybe it's a problem with my strategy being overly defensive but it seems my units get picked off before they can make it past half way to the only enemy paslisade so there's a standstill. Given both sides regenerate units after about 5 turns it's a lock. Although I have played through twice and gotten better each time. I'm not sure if that is from the experience/gold boost after retreating or not. Although the enemy paslisade is tucked away in the corner I can see how the obstacles divide the stage creating two pathways. I think one of the things I like is that it's so challenging I just want to be convinced it'll all boil down to finding the right strategy.

Quote:
As for switching off respawning:
I think one of the clues of Knighturn is actually the respawning. Switching it off would be like not allowing the opponent to build a base in games like Command & Conquer or Warcraft.
The enemy respawn does add a nice component to it. Even though I haven't figured it out yet I'm not sure I'd advise reduced difficulty (that wouldn't be very macho). I'll give it another go and report back.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-07-2011 at 03:22 PM..