Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-21-2011, 02:03 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@niebau - BTW, I love Knighturn. I'm waiting until I finish the game to post a full review, but now you've gone and added more killer content!

While I agree that Wesnoth fans will like it, what I like about it is that it is very different. lol

Now I'm just waiting for an iPad version...
Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Thanks for the new content update! The demons and hellhounds villians are more damaging but seem weaker defense wise. The level protecting the boy has a nice design with faster emeny units to outmanuever in their pursuit. In future updates you should consider a level without palisades because they are key to victory in every level without them would be a good twist. So far I've bested the first three of the new levels.

Who is Damios and what darks plans do you have for him in the next update/sequel?
Damios is the main hero of our first title Swords & Earrings (Sw&Ear) where he is a Squire at King Constantin's court.

The stories of both Knighturn and Sw&Ear are connected, with Knighturn placed chronologically about 15 years before Sw&Ear.
Some of the supporting characters make an appearance in both games, e.g. Utakah, Aidan, Sir Scaramus, or Lord Justianus.

Thanks for your ongoing support and interest in Knighturn, undeadcow.
Very much appreciated .

Last edited by niebau; 05-21-2011 at 02:48 AM..
Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

3.99 --> 2.99 today! Terrific SRPG for iOS devices!

If you never played this and you like strategy role-playing games you owe it to yourself to try the lite version. This is one of the few SPRGs made just for mobile devices and its a lot of fun.

Last edited by Marcus70; 05-21-2011 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default On Sale for one week (2.99$)

* Knighturn ON SALE (2.99$)
* From 05/21/2011 to 05/28/2011
Old 05-22-2011, 07:02 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Hadn't heard of this, but it sounds pretty good, and the folks here seem impressed. Purchased, thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default Sw&Ear V.1.5 released

Hi folks,

I just wanted to draw your attention to the new version 1.5 of Swords & Earrings (Sw&Ear), the predecessor of Knighturn.
Sw&Ear uses now the same user interface as Knighturn.

For those who took the effort to write one of these great App Store comments for Knighturn:
I have reserved a Sw&Ear promo code for you. Just PM if you are interested in getting one. Don't be shy and don't bother with a long explanation, a simple 'Sw&Ear promo code' PM will do .
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just finished up the added content levels earlier this week and am going to delve more into Sword & Earrings. Comments on the Mangobile website hint at a future update or sequel so fingers crossed. Here's too a potential ranger class and the return of the witches.

Regarding character classes I think my two most utilized allies are the archers and the vampires. Vampires having a slightly better mobility with higher hitpoints and drain ability make them good as first line of offense. The archers work well to sweep behind core offensive units or pre-emptively strike approaching foes. The animal characters are appreciated but my least used units (save for Tyrant).

Last edited by undeadcow; 06-08-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM

I just purchased this a few days ago and I must say its a GREAT game. Very deep TBS gameplay with some nice RPG elements. LOTS of content especially if you also purchase swords & earrings.

It would be great if the resolution was bumped up to look super crisp on the retina display though. That would make the very charming (in my opinion) graphics look 1000x better. And I know its trivial, but the icons are gawdawful ugly (and blurry). But, great game nonetheless. So far it's just as satisfying as Fire Emblem was (from what I remember).

Big thanks to the devs for bringing these games over to iOS!
Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Default FindMySoft Review

FindMySoft has published a nice review of Knighturn on their webpage today.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
Hi folks,

I just wanted to draw your attention to the new version [URL="http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1759376&posted=1#post1759376"]1.5 of Swords & Earrings (Sw&Ear)[/URL], the predecessor of Knighturn.
Sw&Ear uses now the same user interface as Knighturn.

For those who took the effort to write one of these great App Store comments for Knighturn:
I have reserved a Sw&Ear promo code for you. Just PM if you are interested in getting one. Don't be shy and don't bother with a long explanation, a simple 'Sw&Ear promo code' PM will do .
I'm dying for this game. Will you please please please PM me a promo code?