★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zen Bound lite!!!!!

04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Zen Bound lite!!!!!

[App Store Link, Free]

Has the first two levels.

Quote:
DESCRIPTION:
Zen Bound is a calm and meditative puzzle game about wrapping wooden sculptures with rope. A game in which a high score is not the goal - instead it is something to focus on and enjoy at your own relaxed pace.

It is a tactile experience: a game of wood, stone and rope with the most beautiful graphics yet seen on the iPhone. The visuals complement the controls to provide interaction that feels natural and comfortable.

A major element of the game is the unique, dusty and soothing down-tempo soundtrack designed and composed by 'Ghost Monkey'. It features binaural processing that creates an enveloping soundscape when headphones are used.

Zen Bound is different - an alternative and subtle gaming experience that is difficult to describe. But in its own small way, it defines what gaming on the iPhone can be.

FEATURES:
- The most beautiful graphics yet seen on the iPhone - 3D models that almost feel 'tangible' in your hand.
- Intuitive and natural multi-touch controls (tilt supported)
- 2 levels included (Obedience and Ambition )
- A captivating 22-minute downtempo soundtrack from 'Ghost Monkey'
- Game soundtrack 'Bound' available as a free download to all customers in uncompromising 320kbit MP3 quality
- Touch the 'Secret Exit' button in the main menu to download the free soundtrack.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 04-07-2009 at 12:15 PM.
This'll win over the naysayers.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal

Cool nice find. How many levels are in it?

back
04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
LINK: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309017262&mt=8

2 Levels only

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
With 51 levels on the full version (and 25 coming who knows when ), don't you think they should've included more than 2 levels?

04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscal View Post
With 51 levels on the full version, don't you think they should've included more than 2 levels?
NO.

The levels get harder but with 2 levels, you should get a great feel of the game which is really what they're shooting for.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm guessing one puzzle from each tree in this version? And most likely one from the Tree of Nostalgia when that comes out?

04-07-2009, 12:29 AM
Finally!!! Now I can check it out
04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
The Lite version is actually based on the upcoming v1.2 codebase, so it has one extra feature that you won't find in the current full version of Zen Bound.

When you click on the menu tab in the bottom of the screen during a level, there's a small button with a minus sign. Tap that to hide the entire UI in the level, so you can play without any distractions.
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
The Lite version is actually based on the upcoming v1.2 codebase, so it has one extra feature that you won't find in the current full version of Zen Bound.

When you click on the menu tab in the bottom of the screen during a level, there's a small button with a minus sign. Tap that to hide the entire UI in the level, so you can play without any distractions.
Sweet!