★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Amazing Tic Tac Toe games

04-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Amazing Tic Tac Toe games

There's a growing selection of very creative and challenging Tic Tac Toe games on the app store, many of them offering much more than the simple game we remember. Here's a few great ones (along with similar connect 4-5 games)...

Amazing Tic Tac Toe games:
- Circular Tic Tac Toe
- Tic Tac Toe Ten
- Pen Tac Toe
- Tic Tac Trio
- Rows 3D
- Linus Pro
- Tic Tac Tow Glow
- Fantastic 4 in a Row
- Space Five
- Tic Tac Rows of 3

A few I have not yet tried:
- Cube 3
- Four3
- Drop-Up
- Tak3Tik

Honorable mention:
- Tic Tac Glow Extreme! (2 player mode allows up to 9 players simultaneously, but the game is glitchy and single player mode is worthless without AI challenge).
04-06-2011, 06:17 AM
This may not be the most popular genre, but I appreciate this list and will look into some on your list!

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Tic Tac Dojo for the iPad is another great one. It goes way beyond your normal tic tac toe game, as you play 9 games at once with powerups and weapons.

Also, it's FREE right now!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tic-tac-dojo-for-ipad/id382995894?mt=8
04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Kolstov's stones

If anyone wants to find out more about the origins of "Tic Tac Toe", this game provides both actual gameplay and history. Here's my post from iTunes:

"I went on the dev's site and the well-documented but sadly, rather tragic life of Nikolai Kolstov, is both intriguing and fascinating to say the least. What the western world knows as the children's' diversionary "Tic-Tac-Toe", "Stones" has a very rich history and once challenged Chess as one of world's top thinking board games. Kudos to the devs for reaching back into time and capturing its rich history and gamesmanship encased in technologically modern sensibilities and reintroducing the game to us in as close to its original state as possible. This purchase is a no-brainer. Thanks to the devs for a well-thought out, slickly-produced and polished game with ranges of difficulty and some pleasing eye-candy, all offered for a great price."

Now Free!

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-21-2011 at 05:14 PM.
04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, id love if you could check out our version of tic tac toe, Good Old Fashioned X's and O's. Its 3 x 3 but its got lots of character, also bluetooth multiplayer and gamecenter leaderboards. Its our first app so we learned alot from making it. PM me if you want a promo code.

iTunes Link