★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: **Quantum Cannon the iPhone game that will melt your mind!!**

04-06-2011, 03:55 AM
**Quantum Cannon the iPhone game that will melt your mind!!**

As a bored gamer with lots of time on my hands and many thousands of dollars of debt to pay as I go through business school, I recently made my own iPhone game! But this isn't any ordinary game...this is, in my (obviously biased) opinion, the greatest game ever created by anyone who isn't Hideo Kojima!

...Alright, that may be a bit too overdramatic, but its a pretty good game nonetheless

Its called Quantum Cannon and you can check it out here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/quantum-cannon/id427407981?mt=8#

and heres a really quick trailer I whipped up for the game using my limited skills with iMovie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eWR6A6p0oM

Use teleporters, repulsors and magnets to guide the particle to the exit in insanely challenging, incredibly addicting and infinitely entertaining gameplay.

Fast paced action along with unpredictable magnet physics creates a unique puzzle game that tests your mind, memory and reflexes across 5 different worlds and 2 different game modes!

Stunning graphics (optimized for iPhone 4’s retina display) & amazing music contrast digitally augmented retro 8-bit sound effects for a gameplay experience like nothing else on an iPhone/iPod touch.

And for anyone who ws actually kind enough to read through this entire post until the end, here's a promo code! LHLRYTTH3L4L

Enjoy!
04-06-2011, 03:57 AM
muahaha ! I stole the promo code

Try again next time silent code stealers that don't leave a post telling others you've taken it .

edit : will post impressions later (:

okay here's what I think . The concept seems good . I like how you have magnets (attract and repel) and portals and things to avoid but I think the controls need some readjusting . I don't know how but I think even with 3 lives , you die a lot. At least I did. It isn't easy trying to control the ball and I experienced occasional jams i.e. I can't click anything else .

edit 2 : I actually played the game wrongly . I realised you can only click up or down once . Clicking them multiple times would result in the ball crashing since it won't move forward anymore . Dumb me ! I'm gonna try again . Oh and the controls are responsive .

edit 3 : there are some glitches in stage 3 . I managed to go through the spikes (near the 2nd and 3rd portal) . I don't like how when you click too slow and you die but if you release your finger , another ball is released . And you need to properly draw the line between what's up and down . There are a few times when i clearly pressed on the top portion of the game but it went down .

I realised what's causing the jams . When you complete a stage but press restart , it gets stuck . you can't click on the play button . You can only click on the pause and go back to menu .

And I don't see a big difference in survival . You don't really survive like what most survival games are . It just becomes a lot harder as you don't get to reset or you lose .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!

Last edited by STYJ; 04-06-2011 at 05:58 AM.

04-06-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback! The issue with going through some spikes is known and will be resolved in the next update. In regards to clicking too slow and accidentally releasing a new ball, I had that problem while testing and added a sort of buffer time to help avoid the problem, so thanks for letting me know that it's still happening and I'll try to work out why it wasn't fixed. As for the line between whats up and down, it is simply at the exact point halfway up the screen (160 pixels high) but I'll lower it in the next update to make it more intuitive. And finally for survival mode, its mostly geared towards when you get to the higher levels as then it gets quite difficult and intense to finish the level with only 3 lives.

Cheers.
04-06-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm glad you saw it as constructive feedback (: I hope your game will do well ! Will be waiting for the new update .

I haven't tried the harder levels because I don't like skipping levels . I may try again once you release the update .

Please support these indie developers for putting in so much effort and making what is known as a hidden gem .

ChaoticBox - Silverfish Cat in a Box Games - Red Conquest!
04-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Well right now all feedback is welcome, especially since this is my first game andI'm sure there are a couple kinks here and there that need ironing out.

BTW, anyone else want a promo code?
THLNWKTMHJFR

Enjoy!
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anithmuk View Post
Well right now all feedback is welcome, especially since this is my first game andI'm sure there are a couple kinks here and there that need ironing out.

BTW, anyone else want a promo code?
THLNWKTMHJFR

Enjoy!
Wow some1 took it and didn't say they took it

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
04-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Ahhh! That always sucks. But don't let that stop you checking out the game anyway, its only 99c!