• Publisher: Physmo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 15.8 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.2 (11)
App description: Jump, dodge and race Mos through 25 glorious stages of fast paced retro platforming action!

With exceptionally clever level design, gorgeous pixellated graphics and solid platform dynamics you'll want to keep playing and playing.

Find secret areas, collect the spooky hidden skulls, grab every coin, and, once you get fast, you can try to beat the speed-run time! There really is something for all skill levels, from casual to hard-core gamers.

There are 12 cool costumes to unlock throughout the game, see if you can find every spooky ghost and you'll get a new costume for each one.

And there's loads more! We have been adding new features regularly ever since we released the game, awesome features like video recording and exporting, game centre scoreboards, lots of achievements, web levels you can download to the game, random twitter taunts, dynamic costumes, and things we can't even remember but were probably awesome!

Oh yeah, the amazing chip tune soundtrack will make you weep pixels!

This is a universal app for iPhone and iPad. Bargain!

PRESS QUOTES
pick this one up with confidence. - slidetoplay.com ( 4/4 MUST HAVE! )
an instant classic, refuelling our primal gaming needs. - TouchGen ( 4/5 Editors Choice! )
dont hesitate to give Mos Speedrun a try. - Touch Arcade
"it's one of those games you'll find yourself continuously playing." - gamezebo.com
"Fans of tough platformers .. should jump on this deal immediately." - gamepro.com (9/10)
"a compulsive race against yourself" - pocketgamer.co.uk (8/10)
"Mos Speedrun is a must-have title and one of the freshest experiences currently on Apple devices." - Daily Record (4/5)

RELIVE the golden age of 8 bit graphics and chip tunes!
DIE a lot, and be accompanied through the level by hoards of replay ghosts!
FIND secret online levels on your favourite web sites!
USE the easy to master 2 button control system or classic onscreen d-pad.
BE THE BEST on the game center scoreboards, and rack up achievements!
RECORD your best speedruns and upload them for the world to see!
FIND the secret ghosts to unlock new costumes!

Thank you to all our fans for your support, ratings and great reviews. If you enjoy the game please rate us on the Appstore, it really helps us out!

follow us online:
twitter.com/physmo
www.physmo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

touchArcade Review!
08-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Wow, I'm blown away by all of these videos - well done on being much better than the devs :P

If anyone would like to help us out, we'd like to get some better screenshots to put on the Iphone and mac app stores, I think the ones I took are a bit boring, so if there are any parts of the game that you think look interesting [action shots especially] , please take a screenshot and send it to me, nick at physmo.com

thanks!
08-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpawn View Post
Well played. I hope you enjoyed it.
It was insanely tough, but I managed to get a lower score again. It's not by much though, unfortunately there isn't much room for improvement at this point. I'm still hoping to improve my level 2-1 time by a little, though.

I moved on to level 3, but if level 2 was any indication, you'll have it back in no time xD

08-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
It was insanely tough, but I managed to get a lower score again. It's not by much though, unfortunately there isn't much room for improvement at this point. I'm still hoping to improve my level 2-1 time by a little, though.

I moved on to level 3, but if level 2 was any indication, you'll have it back in no time xD
Nice work, man!

I don't know if I'll be tackling Level 3 anytime soon, but I might give Level 2 a try again. Did the scores I posted on the forum help at all? How many Level 2 stages did you pass me on?
08-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpawn View Post
Nice work, man!

I don't know if I'll be tackling Level 3 anytime soon, but I might give Level 2 a try again. Did the scores I posted on the forum help at all? How many Level 2 stages did you pass me on?
Yeah, they helped push me to improve in the right places. I passed you on stages 1, 2 and 4. Stage 3 we're tied at 21.92 and stage 5 I'm slower by 00.03 You want to know my times for the other 3?
08-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Yeah, they helped push me to improve in the right places. I passed you on stages 1, 2 and 4. Stage 3 we're tied at 21.92 and stage 5 I'm slower by 00.03 You want to know my times for the other 3?
I'll see if I can gain some time on 1, 2, and/or 4. You don't have to post your times if you don't want to. It's just nice to know which levels I'm down on.

2-5 is all about a quick start and those quick jumps on the blocks near that bee. But I probably don't need to tell you that. You seem to have things under control!

I'll try to push you on Level 3 eventually. I haven't looked at those levels in a long time. In fact, I hadn't played Level 2 until I saw your post that you beat my scores!
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
=oO

New update!! Version 1.6

-- 8 new costumes
-- 8 secret ghosts to find
-- Twitter Integration
-- Some level background glitches tidied up
-- Improvements to web level handling
-- Better Error Handling
-- Improved Particle system
-- Procedurally generated tweets
-- Tell A Friend button
-- New trophies
-- New effects for dragon and witch costumes
-- Made ghosts use current costume
-- Improvements to options screen
-- Improvements to game interface
-- Added news screen

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=oO

New update!! Version 1.6

-- 8 new costumes
-- 8 secret ghosts to find
-- Twitter Integration
-- Some level background glitches tidied up
-- Improvements to web level handling
-- Better Error Handling
-- Improved Particle system
-- Procedurally generated tweets
-- Tell A Friend button
-- New trophies
-- New effects for dragon and witch costumes
-- Made ghosts use current costume
-- Improvements to options screen
-- Improvements to game interface
-- Added news screen
Great Time to grab my favorite platformer once again!! Thanks syntheticvoid
09-30-2011, 11:13 PM
It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!
Thanks for the update. I had fun finding all of the costumes :]
10-01-2011, 01:03 AM
What stages are the costumes located in?

Thanks.

Battleheart Legacy - Class attribute matrix - Location and how to unlock all class trainers - (also work in progress of listing of all skills and stat requirements): http://goo.gl/XP2Afi
Crimsonheart uniques and preybird coordinates spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/wG9rgA
10-02-2011, 09:20 AM
There's one in 1-2 which is pretty easy to find, I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone else by telling you where they all are though