★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In an apocalyptic world where the warlords are continually disputing control of the territory,
are still organizing car races, in which the goal is not to get there first,
but to destroy the maximum number of cars participating.

In Mad Road the most importantly it is not to be the first to finish, the objective is to destroy as many cars as you can.
Search and destroy the weaker car, or try to reach the finish to earn a few dollars
with which to fix your car, buy spikes or nitros, to stay alive in the next race.

-Records with Game Center.
-Spectacular 3D graphics.
-Graphics configurable to play fast at all iOS devices.
-Universal App: Resolution fits to any screen resolution.
-Multiplayer game via the local WiFi network (in full version).

MobileGamesPro's comments:
A few years before the apocalypse, car races already were of incredible brutality.

In Mad Road the goal is not to be the first to arrive, but to destroy all the cars you can.
Locate the weaker enemy and destroy him, or try to reach the goal to earn a few dollars
with which to fix your car, buy spikes or nitros, to stay alive in the next race.

The mad road has no mercy with the weak!

-Multiplayer game via the local WiFi network.
-Records with Game Center.
-Spectacular 3D graphics.
-Graphics configurable to play fast at all iOS devices.
-Universal App: Resolution fits to any screen resolution.

04-15-2011, 04:06 AM

04-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Has anyone tried it?
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileGamesPro View Post
Has anyone tried it?
I tried the lite version and had mixed feelings about it. The look of the game didn't bother me because it kind of reminded me of games like Hard Drivin and the game actually plays okay.

However, the one level in the lite just felt really generic and I was a little confused on whether it was a racing game or more of a demoliion type racing game. It was kind of fun to pick up the gas cans to keep going but the ramming into cars felt disjointed.

With only one level played, I am not sure I would buy this or not. Now if this had a sweet slow motion crash replay like the Drivin games, insta buy.
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Good times!

Last edited by Creepshow; 04-18-2011 at 11:46 AM.
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Watched the video... With games like Asphalt 6 going for 99cents, it would be had to justify buying this at all. I guess maybe 1st gen iPhone users might find some value here?
04-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Watched the video... With games like Asphalt 6 going for 99cents, it would be had to justify buying this at all. I guess maybe 1st gen iPhone users might find some value here?
It is true that the graphics are worse than Asphalt, but it is another game concept, another kind of fun, based on crash to destroy.
04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
i like the look for some reason. has a real old school vibe going. maybe i'll pick it up later this week.
04-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I received a code for this and just played through the 25 race circuit.

This game is not trying to like an Aspahalt or a Real Racing game. I would look at this game in the same vein we look at the retro pixel platformers that are coming out. This game is a retro, pixel battle racer.

For me there is just something about the look of this game that I like and I think it has to do with me being an older gamer and that this reminds me of games I use to play. The music is good and fits with the look of the game, the driving is actually great and very responsive and the graphics are appealing in an old school way.

I really love the pixelated look as the smoke rises off of the damaged cars and flows back at you. The scenery is bare bones but fits with the style and theme of the game. Honestly if you are not a fan of older games with a blocky pixelated look, you probably won't like this. I would like to think this was a design choice because I like it but I have no idea.

Some suggestions...

Add a little more background and gameplay details. This game is really about attacking vulnerable cars and earning the money for finishing them off. Finishing the race first is secondary with the gas can picks ups really only helping you achieve that goal. The money earned can be used to fix your car, add spikes or turbo. It took me a while to figure out what the main goal was but there is actually a good amount of strategy here as you can control your speed and wait for the right time to strike.

I would also explain a little about how long the circuit is, it seems like it was 25 levels and there are 12 racers? You are ranked at the end of each race and at the end of the game. Speaking of which the leader boards are lacking. Am I missing where I can enter my name instead of being "you".

Few more things...

On the mountain courses, you should be able to bump cars off the edge.

Is there more than one car, I would add some unlocks or an option to paint the car.

Lastly, this is probably too much but if you could add a slow motion replay of your car blowing up and a few more explosive effects, you would be nailing the retro feel of this game.
04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the tips, I will add to the list of possible improvements.