★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ParkingLot... how'd it get to be#2 in the Appstore?

04-07-2009, 03:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
ParkingLot... how'd it get to be#2 in the Appstore?

It's just Blocked with cars instead of blocks, and it's been out since November. What happened?
04-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Going to look into this..

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

04-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
It's just Blocked with cars instead of blocks, and it's been out since November. What happened?
and what caused blocked to go to #1 while parking lot wasn't moving anywhere for months? (no pun intended lol)
ps I wish one of them at least would have sound when u move the pieces...not horrible music like in parking lot.
04-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
lol good question I guess ppl finished blocked and wanted more, also its been featured on front page of app store that certainly doesnt hurt but its weird ya cause its been out forever and also there is about 4 apps exactly like Parkinglot let alone blocked that use the same thing as cars and the yellow bug.
04-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik555 View Post
and what caused blocked to go to #1 while parking lot wasn't moving anywhere for months? (no pun intended lol)
ps I wish one of them at least would have sound when u move the pieces...not horrible music like in parking lot.
My theory is that Blocked just had a more simple design and ppl knew it was a interesting puzzle game they would enjoy. Where as Parkinglot is a lil more confusing at first glance or by name alone.

Its just one of those things Blocked also prob got featuered which skyrocketed its sales while they prob never featured Parkinglot before, now that Blocked is so popular ppl know what Parkinglot is and want more it seems.
04-07-2009, 03:56 AM
I have one of those games, trafficjam, I got it for free.. I don't think I could ever need more than that.
04-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
My theory is that Blocked just had a more simple design and ppl knew it was a interesting puzzle game they would enjoy. Where as Parkinglot is a lil more confusing at first glance or by name alone.

Its just one of those things Blocked also prob got featuered which skyrocketed its sales while they prob never featured Parkinglot before, now that Blocked is so popular ppl know what Parkinglot is and want more it seems.
You're probably right, it's at the right price for an impulse buy too.

There have been no big news stories about quetouch or blocked recently, only found a few blogs posting about it being at the top and one site listing it on their top 3 (flight control, pocket god, parkinglot).

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-07-2009, 04:05 AM
one of the editor of apple is out of mind that pick it as what's new then this app is like riding on a rocket to be #2
04-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I guess Apple needs to be more transparent in a way it picks New apps / Hot apps etc. I've got ParkingLot the first time it's available and was wondering why it's just now that ParkingLot got into the spotlight. It should've been there long ago. It's the first app of this kind on iPhone (I had ParkingLot for free on my iPhone FW 1.0.2). Guess members here can confirm the existence of ParkingLot before Blocked. Anyone knows how Apple determine who gets the spotlight and when? Looks like all the New&Noteworthy are submitted a month ago or longer.

Blocked is very nice interpretation of the same game. Clean graphics, execution and very very difficult puzzles. I bought it too. The two seems to entertain me on different occasions.
04-07-2009, 05:18 AM
I just tried trafficjam lite and WHY CAN'T ONE OF THESE PARKING LOT GAMES INCLUDE SOUND!!! is it too much to ask for a sliding of pieces movement???