★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

World of Goo iPad sales figures

04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
World of Goo iPad sales figures

Lots of analysis and charts. Worth a read: http://2dboy.com/2011/02/08/ipad-launch/
04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
thanks a lot for the link. this is very useful, but the issue is that - they were already known. THey had a man in apple. How in the world does someone compete with that? you can't buy that kind of momentum. When you're one of the brand-new apps and there's 111 games a day... whew, it can be quite a thing.

How thick is the line between playing games and playing life?
I learned everything I need to know about surviving 2012 from Fallout 1 and 2

http://superfunapps.wordpress.com/ !!

04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
That's a very good read. Interesting sales data between Steam and iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFunApps View Post
thanks a lot for the link. this is very useful, but the issue is that - they were already known. THey had a man in apple. How in the world does someone compete with that? you can't buy that kind of momentum. When you're one of the brand-new apps and there's 111 games a day... whew, it can be quite a thing.
You compete with that by making the best possible product you can and hoping for the best.

It's an uphill battle for sure and a little disheartening but the only thing you can do is keep pressing forward. If you continue to make good products the community will notice you, IMO.

Games: Boom Boat | Boom Boat 2
Developer: Razoric.com
Social: Twitter | Facebook

Last edited by Razoric; 04-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.
04-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoric View Post
That's a very good read. Interesting sales data between Steam and iPad.

You compete with that by making the best possible product you can and hoping for the best.

It's an uphill battle for sure and a little disheartening but the only thing you can do is keep pressing forward. If you continue to make good products the community will notice you, IMO.
2dboys are also very good in marketing ( They create several buzz around their product ).
It also take 2 guys, 2 years to create their product.
I'm not sure most dev have this kind of time to create an app.
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
2dboys are also very good in marketing ( They create several buzz around their product ).
It also take 2 guys, 2 years to create their product.
I'm not sure most dev have this kind of time to create an app.
I think if you're unable to dedicate a significant amount of time to working on an indie game, you shouldn't ever expect to create a game that sells extraordinarily well.
04-07-2011, 02:58 PM
They even know a guy at Apple, and new when they were featured. They choosed the week that make them sell more...
A dream ?

Last edited by Hercule; 04-07-2011 at 03:02 PM.
04-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialParadox View Post
I think if you're unable to dedicate a significant amount of time to working on an indie game, you shouldn't ever expect to create a game that sells extraordinarily well.
They are also very talented.

They made a 10$ game and people expect much more than a 1$ game.