★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge - (DarkWave Games) - available Nov 24th

04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge - (DarkWave Games) - available Nov 24th

DarkWave Games is back!

Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge is an old school shoot’em up inspired game in which you don’t have to shoot.

Introducing Kraine Severe, a man used for mad experiments by Dr. Osvald Pernicious, leader of the Doom Legion, that now can transform in a mighty hurricane, destroying everything.

Features:
  • Different environments
  • Deep upgrade system for the main character, with four different natural elements
  • Power-ups
  • Touch screen based control system, with direct and proportional movement
  • Fury mechanic to enhance the gameplay
  • Rating system for the performance in each level
  • Many powers to unlock
  • Non linear camera movements, with different levels of zoom, vertical, horizontal and diagonal scrolling at variable speed, with the possibility to stop
  • Epic boss fights

Customization is very important in Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge, because many new abilities can be acquired earning stars in every levels.
Those abilities can be useful in the hell mode, that raises the difficulty to higher levels.

The first version will be for the iPhone, with a full campaign.
Act of Fury: Kraine's Revenge is published by Forge Reply and is available at the special introductory price of $1.99/€1.59.

Act of Fury Lite is available for free, with three esclusive levels not included in the full game.

Launch screenshots:

Last edited by DarkWave_Games; 12-05-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Lite version annouce
04-06-2011, 04:26 PM
You got me interested. I'd love to see some screenshots or some gameplay.

04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Will await gameplay, slightly intrigued for now.
04-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Sounds interesting, looking forward for some visual stuff
04-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
ooh. can't wait to hear more!
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
It's too soon after huricane katrina waaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
04-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Nice frontpage preview

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks interesting, as far as shmups go. Having to be in close proximity to destroy something, instead of hanging back and shooting, will really put the pressure on.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Why don't you ever update Master of Alchemy??? Need a Retina icon for iPhone version and Game Center!

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
04-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Might as well post what I left in the comments section of the video preview on the front page:

Looks polished and all, but I'm not a fan of the music and sound effects. At all. Hopefully by the time this comes out something will have changed, 'coz it says something if I'm irritated and I'm not even playing the game. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Hi guys and thanks for the warm reception.

As the frontpage preview said we're busy in the development process so we're interested in receiving every kind of feedback about the game.

We'll post some screenshots and other new material soon.
Meanwhile I can say that the musical score and effects are only placeholders and we're discussing with a couple of gaming musicians for a proper audio treatment.