★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Abigale: Revenge of the Princess

04-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Abigale: Revenge of the Princess

This game looks great!
[App Store Link]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Abigale is a newly designed action shooting game. The uniqueness of the game is that the player is using Mosa, a weapon from the Dark God, to take-in bullets from the enemies to attack. Working with the accelerometer control of iPhone/iPod touch, Abigale is undoubtedly an exciting and challenging game for you!

- innovative attack mode, absolutely beyond traditional shooting games
- fully utilized the accelerometer control of iPhone/iPod touch
- 15 levels, various enemies with diverse attack behaviors
- smart boss AI to increase the challenging level of the game
- easy/normal/hard modes to choose from
- brilliant graphics
- ranking

How to play:

1. Using Mosa to take-in bullets of enemies.
2. SP will increase after taking-in enemies’ bullets; the higher the SP, the more powerful Mosa is.
3. Touching the screen would spin Mosa. Attacking enemies while Mosa is spinning and more crystals could be collected from enemies.
4. Touch the screen before SP drops to zero would make Mosa shoot at the touched spot, and more crystals would be available to collect from enemies.
5. Collect enough crystals to clear the stages.

For technical support or any inquiries about the game, please email cs@meridiande.com.

What's new

- background music added
- bugs fixes

Last edited by salsamd; 04-24-2009 at 05:08 PM.
04-07-2009, 05:21 AM
Screenshots look interesting, anyone bought it? Any video links?

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.

04-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Bought it a few hours ago. It's really good. tilt based, but with touch controls to handle the strange thing which eats the energy of the lasers of the enemies. What I like is the RPG feeling to it, with storyline. For 99 cents, you should buy it. It's really something special. But strange .

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
04-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Picked this one up, looks interesting.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-08-2009, 01:40 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up
Thread maker should edit title to read "2d flying sidescroller".
04-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Review: Abigale is one tough chick

Judging by the cover art for Abigale, many would probably think that the game was all show and not much fun. Surprisingly, Abigale is a very good 2D side-scrolling shooter. Your character is Princess Abigale who is from the Kingdom of Cega. Your objective is the fight the immortal army that was brought to life by Saliba, the Pope of Cega to overthrow the kingdom. Obviously, Abigale fights back and her only weapon is Mosa.

Abigale has 15 levels each culminating with a boss fight. The bottom left corner shows the number of crystals you need to collect and the Abigale's health is shown in the bar in the upper left-hand corner. Graphically speaking, they're better than most...the backgrounds also look good, and they change as you progress through each of the levels. The sound effects are adequate although background music would help with the feel of the game. Be warned that Abigale makes a terrible sound when she gets hit by enemy fire...almost sounds like a man trying to impersonate a woman or a woman with a frog in her throat.

The game is accelerometer controlled where you can move up and down, forward and backward by tilt. You control the Mosa by tapping once to spin it and twice to sling it where you want to target. Using Abigale's auto-fire special powers, you maneuver Abigale through a variety of enemy attacks while trying to collect all the crystals for each level. While the Mosa can be used as a weapon, it can also be used both to capture crystals from the immortal troops that you slay as well to block enemy fire. The more enemy fire your Mosa blocks/collects (which is actually harder than it sounds), the stronger Abigale's special powers become. Of course, you're dodging enemy attacks along the way, and the controls are very responsive to that. I actually found the dev's use of the Mosa kind of nifty because it was pretty handy in what it's supposed to do.

Overall, Abigale is a pretty fun game and definitely different from other shooters in the iTunes store. I have to give the devs credit for including an interesting storyline. You definitely don't across something like this everyday. Personally, I like the game, and I'm not just saying that because of the cover art.

Last edited by Big Albie; 10-27-2009 at 02:54 PM.
04-08-2009, 03:22 AM
Are the bosses different or the same boss in a different colour palette?
04-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Are the bosses different or the same boss in a different colour palette?
In the few levels I've completed thus far, and they appear similar only with different colors. The power seems to be slight different as you have a separate healthbar that appears at the bottom of the screen for the boss so he gets stronger as you progress. Otherwise, I would say the game is nicely presented.

Last edited by Big Albie; 04-08-2009 at 09:30 AM.
04-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Graphics look great, but how engaging is the game?
04-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Only reason I'd buy this game is because the name is similar to the classic 1987 album from King Diamond, Abigail.