★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Elusive Ninja: The Shadowy Thief - coming soon! Devblog link inside!

04-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Elusive Ninja: The Shadowy Thief - coming soon! Devblog link inside!

Hey, what's shakin' Touch Arcade!

I've been documenting the progress of my game Elusive Ninja: The Shadowy Thief over at Bulletproof Outlaws and just did a big art update for it revamping the background graphics. I'm working with Derek of Ravenous Games, who made League of Evil and we're making some swift progress these days after hitting a few snags!

I'm updating the blog on a regular basis with behind-the-scenes development stuff (you can follow the project from Day 1 if you have a ton of free time to read my blabbing haha)

Updated to add the App Store link!
Hey everyone! We finally finished Elusive Ninja! Check it out:

App Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elusive-ninja-the-shadowy/id435406732?mt=8&ls=1

I'm about to hop my flight to LA for E3, Elusive Ninja is on sale for $0.99 as a pre-E3 promotion so grab it today for cheap! Hope you guys dig it, it's my first iPhone game and I tried to cram a lot of polish into it!

-----

Updated to add the trailer:

The game currently looks like this:

(click the pic for a larger un-cropped version where you can see the whole roof/BG)

There's a bunch of art and videos on the blog (weapons and character animations and explosion effects and stuff), and more to come! We're hoping to release the game somewhere between just before Easter and the first week of May, and it should support older iDevices, the iPhone 4's retina screen and the iPad. Check it out and follow along if you're interested in development stuff!

- Quickdraw

P.S. The reflection on the roof is because there'll be a rain overlay effect and splash effects when the ninja slides around, I just wanted to see how the Additive blending would look!

Last edited by BPO_Quickdraw; 06-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM

This game is turning out awesome btw everyone!

Ravenous Games
Developers of the League of Evil series, Random Heroes, Devious Dungeon and more...
Website | Facebook | Twitter

04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Looks amazing gonna be looking forward to this one especially since ravenous games is involved!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
04-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Here's a early version (alpha build I think).

04-06-2011, 09:55 PM
haha ya that's a super super early version. Got a new video I'll be putting up soon with the new art and some of the explodey weapons and fire and stuff in there. I'll post it up in this thread as well as the blog.

You basically dodge stuff as long as you can and more objects are added and things are thrown faster over time. Simple concept with lots of polish and glowy things!

- Quickdraw
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
So it's basically the other side of the Shinobi arcade bonus stages?
04-07-2011, 02:12 AM
oh,I wonder why the theme of many games falls on Ninja. Is it motivated by the popular cartoon animation Naruto which is very popular in my country
04-07-2011, 02:27 AM
I like Ninja games the whole time. This won't be missed either.

What my life will be like if i don't play games?
04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
So it's basically the other side of the Shinobi arcade bonus stages?
haha I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe I should market it like that! Damn hero ninjas never giving a thought to what it's like to be on the other side of the throwing-stars!

- Quickdraw
04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Dang! this looks awesome! looking forward to it.

im back guys!