★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cosmic Bird 1.1 is out with youtube preview!

04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Cosmic Bird 1.1 is out with youtube preview!

Cosmic Bird 1.1 fixed the crashing bug on 4th gen devices, thanks to all the kind people on this forum who gave us the quick feedbacks which helped us to fix it as soon as possible. We fixed the problem the second day, but it took almost a week in review time, so, sorry for the delay and if there is any other problem, plz let us know, thank you.

youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWbgOsI4JU

04-07-2011, 03:56 AM
new update

it looks great and play great
also it fixed iphone 4 crash problem
thanks !

04-07-2011, 04:10 AM
04-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks guys, if there are anythingelse you want us to know, plz do so!!
04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Bought this today and it seems promising so far but I have some suggestions for improvements.

1) I'm using a an iphone 4 with ios 4.3, after starting a new game and after the loading screen, it kicks me back to the home screen. Not a dealbreaker since re-entering the app and starting a new game works fine after that but annoying nonetheless.

2) Please add an option for autofire and you might want to think about making it the default option. Keeping my finger off the screen except for the moments when I need to move the plane out of the way of bullets allows me to see and avoid bullets better overall.

3) You might want to to rethink your color scheme choices. Having enemy bullets be the same color as the coins they drop is a bad idea. Another issues is that enemies blend in too well with the background, at least on the first stage. This is a shmup, so you need to think about how easy it is for players to keep track of everything that occurs onscreen.

4) The explosion animation when enemies are destroyed tends to be too large and lingers for too long. It's rather distracting and obscures other enemies that are following behind the first in line.
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTKZ View Post
Bought this today and it seems promising so far but I have some suggestions for improvements.

1) I'm using a an iphone 4 with ios 4.3, after starting a new game and after the loading screen, it kicks me back to the home screen. Not a dealbreaker since re-entering the app and starting a new game works fine after that but annoying nonetheless.

2) Please add an option for autofire and you might want to think about making it the default option. Keeping my finger off the screen except for the moments when I need to move the plane out of the way of bullets allows me to see and avoid bullets better overall.

3) You might want to to rethink your color scheme choices. Having enemy bullets be the same color as the coins they drop is a bad idea. Another issues is that enemies blend in too well with the background, at least on the first stage. This is a shmup, so you need to think about how easy it is for players to keep track of everything that occurs onscreen.

4) The explosion animation when enemies are destroyed tends to be too large and lingers for too long. It's rather distracting and obscures other enemies that are following behind the first in line.
+1

I've also experienced crashing on numerous occasions. Touch 3G, not jailbroken.

Upgrading to a new plane feels underwhelming, as even skipping a few planes ahead, enemies don't seem to go down any easier.

Special items are all feel a little too costly for their impact.

The hitbox feels much too large and vague to be able to weave through the amount of bullets present in later levels.

Backgrounds don't tile seamlessly, and is very obvious when they cycle.

Highscore submission to Game Center should be automatic. Currently, you have to open the highscores menu item, and select Submit.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Thank you guys for the feedback, we are working on the next update right now, we will make sure those things gets solved. We are also adding an endless stage "The Day of Boss" on to it so players can get more points and unlock jets faster.

once again, thank you very much for the feedbacks!
04-22-2011, 08:04 AM
hugh its pulled? Wanted to buy it in the german store but somehow its pulled!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me