★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Laze

11-02-2008, 05:18 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
Laze

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295247279&mt=8

I bought this last night and I can't stop playing it. It's a unique concept for a game. The geometry it uses seems pretty accurate (though the dev claims it's not mathematically perfect). The laser even has to move through prisms, which can throw a wrench in what you would assume to be an easy solution.

Some of the puzzles are bit easy and the solution can found by accident, but a lot of them are really hard. There're 500 "mazes" right now.

I would definitely recommend it.
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
#2
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Cali-forn-i-a
Posts: 2,302
at first just by the name and pic i thought it was a copy of lumen. It looks pretty cool though, i think ill wait to check it out. I think the dev should give the graphics a boost.

11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 63
does it save state, as in remember your position?
11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,186
Internet connection required?

Is an internet connection required or are the mazes stored locally within the app itself? Thanks!
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,268
I just bought this,

NOT COMPATIBLE with the first gen Ipod touch

i would assume it is just the metadata error

going to contact the developer
11-02-2008, 07:09 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
All the questions!!!

The mazes are stored locally and it remembers your last position if you quit the game. I assume that includes phone calls, but I haven't had a call during the game yet.
11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,186
A little questioning is good for the soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
All the questions!!!

The mazes are stored locally and it remembers your last position if you quit the game. I assume that includes phone calls, but I haven't had a call during the game yet.
Thanks for the quick response. I also originally thought it looked like a copy of lumen. I'll have to check this one out.
11-02-2008, 07:45 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 230
I would check it out if it was 1st Gen Ipod touch compatible... it says in the description that it isn't... but hopefully the dev can change it...
11-02-2008, 08:06 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295247279&mt=8

I bought this last night and I can't stop playing it. It's a unique concept for a game. The geometry it uses seems pretty accurate (though the dev claims it's not mathematically perfect). The laser even has to move through prisms, which can throw a wrench in what you would assume to be an easy solution.

Some of the puzzles are bit easy and the solution can found by accident, but a lot of them are really hard. There're 500 "mazes" right now.

I would definitely recommend it.
I don't really understand this game. Isn't it all sort of trial and error?

arn
11-02-2008, 08:32 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by jborislow View Post
I would check it out if it was 1st Gen Ipod touch compatible... it says in the description that it isn't... but hopefully the dev can change it...
yeah seriously what is up with this? i need to get a 2nd gen one soon, just so that i wouldn't care if this happens...