★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play as Quexlor, the barbarian king, or Quinna, his barbarian girlfiend! Journey back to an age without rules, where might was right and magic skeletons walked the earth. Destroy the gigantic dragon lord Nain!

Quexlor is an 8-bit action RPG (kind of like Zelda, TM of Nintendo, or Diablo, TM of Blizzard). It was built by a community of developers using the iPhone Game Kit.

As you travel the verdant Lands of Fate, gain experience by finding magical power springs. Choose wisely whether to increase your strength or quickness. Uncover secrets within secrets and collect the bones of de-magicked skeletons!

Wield the broadsword to take down your enemies. Find the power bracer to demolish rocks. Open the magic book of Rell to understand the giant rune pillars. Eat gory chunks of red meat to regain life force!

Explore four major areas, including the forest, marshlands, caverns, and mountains!

http://wizardfu.com/game/quexlor-lands-of-fate/

freedog's comments:

04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Looks pretty old school, but decent since its free

04-07-2011, 11:52 AM
This actually looks pretty nice. Let's see how it plays.

Twitter: @back2this
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
I wonder what the deal is with this. On their website, they call it Quexlor Lite, but there is no mention of it being a lite version in the AppStore, nor is there another version
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Took longer to download than to delete.
Rule of thumb: free games are trash if it's originally free and has no iAP either.
You get what you pay (don't pay) for.
612 paid games, 0 free games.

04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Care to elaborate, backtothis?:>

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!
04-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
Care to elaborate, backtothis?:>
It's a free game. You can try it yourself xP.

04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It's a free game. You can try it yourself xP.
Thought you knew me well enough to know I'm insanely lazy. >.< I still have quite a few paid ones downloaded I haven't paid for.

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Game Impressions

Thanks for posting a link to our game. By the way, that video is not of "Quexlor: Lands of Fate." It's an old video of QuexlorLite. We will be releasing a new video soon.

The game was created by a group of programmers, artists, musicians, and level designers who are new to iPhone game development. Some are beginners, some are a little more advanced.

It was a learning experience about how to make video games.

Being that the game was created by such a large group of people, we simply couldn't charge for it. We decided to release it for free.

Hope you enjoy it.
04-07-2011, 01:53 PM
I had a feeling I've seen those graphics before. Thanks for clearing this out at the end of the movie. What about "make an iphone game in 24 hours"? Was that how the game was made? I'm all for old-school, but that's just not enough to download this. I'm sorry to say this, but it looks like the artists in your team are all beginners. The game looks terrible. None of the parts blends with the others. The trees look awful, placed on the ground without any shadow. Some characters are simply upscaled with a great loss of quality.
I think you'll need to invest a lot more time/work into this game if you want people to even download it.