★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: malvicio.com
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Wizards war is a simple board game of miniatures for multiple players. Each player get the control of a powerful wizard and his objective is defeat all others wizards in game. For this, you have magic spells that you can cast in the game, to summon soldiers to fight with you or to cast magic effect to win the game.

Wizards war include the follow features:
- One balanced gameboard of up to 4 players.
- Five spell cards.
- A complete manual of game rules.
- A basic AI to test your game skill.
- A complete good interface for play the game.

And my promise of constant updates with more new features.

Have fun.

drelbs's comments:

Looks to be a neat card-driven wargame.
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Posting here to remind myself to check on this later. This looks pretty awesome.

I am so omniscient; if there were to be two omniscience's
I would be both!

04-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I actually got a promo code for this one, so I'll post a review a bit later.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I got a code too. I looked through the in-game manual and took a few turns in game. So far seems interesting. Has a bit of the look of Highborn (actually thought it was meant to be a direct competitor when I first saw it), but gameplay is considerably different - it seems more like a cross between Magic and eh... some board game in which you capture key spots (can't think of one at the moment). You use your wizard to cast spells, like unit summons, and try to capture these power nodes to win the game.

I like the idea - just haven't played it enough to see how it plays out. One thing I did notice is that the maps seem very plain. They have a texture, but there doesn't seem to be any obstacles - it seems like they're just plain hex boards with a handful of power nodes/spots scattered about. I think hexes that contain physical barriers would make for more interesting strategy, but we'll see once I play more...it could be that differently textured hexes could have different movement penalties.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
I got a code too. I looked through the in-game manual and took a few turns in game. So far seems interesting. Has a bit of the look of Highborn (actually thought it was meant to be a direct competitor when I first saw it), but gameplay is considerably different - it seems more like a cross between Magic and eh... some board game in which you capture key spots (can't think of one at the moment). You use your wizard to cast spells, like unit summons, and try to capture these power nodes to win the game.

I like the idea - just haven't played it enough to see how it plays out. One thing I did notice is that the maps seem very plain. They have a texture, but there doesn't seem to be any obstacles - it seems like they're just plain hex boards with a handful of power nodes/spots scattered about. I think hexes that contain physical barriers would make for more interesting strategy, but we'll see once I play more...it could be that differently textured hexes could have different movement penalties.
I'll post more later, but Artfoundry is right.

I'm pretty sure this game is ported with traditional boardgames in mind, since there are a lot of awkward menu moments. For example, instead of just clicking on a summon icon and then selecting the desired tile, you first have to go into a magic "phase" that needs to be toggled first. Same goes for movement, and ending the turn. It doesn't really hurt the game, but isn't as streamlined as it could be.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
multiplayer on same device? It should be made universal!

Puzzling has Evolved - Get 180
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Looks like it could be a decent strategy game. I'm curious to hear impressions from others.
04-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Looks intriguing and original. I'm wondering if theres game vedio.
04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I got this game and played it several times versus the AI yesterday. The basic game play is pretty good and so is the art.

It is a bit short on content though. There are five spells you can cast, one summons a sword guy, one summons an archer, one does damage, one heals and one teleports your wizard.

According to the dev's blog, he is working on 5 new spells and game center multiplayer. It should be pretty great once he has added those.

I kinda wish there was an option to increase the AI's difficulty though.
04-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvert View Post
I got this game and played it several times versus the AI yesterday. The basic game play is pretty good and so is the art.

It is a bit short on content though. There are five spells you can cast, one summons a sword guy, one summons an archer, one does damage, one heals and one teleports your wizard.

According to the dev's blog, he is working on 5 new spells and game center multiplayer. It should be pretty great once he has added those.

I kinda wish there was an option to increase the AI's difficulty though.
I agree - needs more content and more variety in that content (like maps), and most importantly, needs tougher AI. Fighting a game against more than one AI makes things a bit more interesting, but they're still too easy - mainly because they don't defend themselves well at all.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams