★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hoopster now on Sale ($0.99)!

04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Hoopster now on Sale ($0.99)!

To celebrate being featured under Games >> What's Hot, we have put Hoopster on sale for .99!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wOGM1RAtJE

// New Quick Shots gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Thanks for all the support,
Matt

Last edited by salsamd; 04-07-2009 at 12:09 PM.
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I picked this up yesterday for the sale price and it's well worth it. More people need the game though, since it's pretty easy to get a score on the online highscore boards.

So everyone buy it!!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks Palfince!

We are currently working on 1.1 focused on improvement to some of the scoreboard features.

Glad you liked it and thanks for spreading the word!

Matt
04-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_RKLS View Post
Thanks Palfince!

We are currently working on 1.1 focused on improvement to some of the scoreboard features.

Glad you liked it and thanks for spreading the word!

Matt
Also I've played a couple of times, today and yesterday and all the times it says that the server is down so I can't submit my score online? I have a strong WiFi connection so I'm not sure what's wrong...

We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
Also I've played a couple of times, today and yesterday and all the times it says that the server is down so I can't submit my score online? I have a strong WiFi connection so I'm not sure what's wrong...
go to setting and press forget this network and then reenter the password for the network. THe password may have changed since you first put it in. My home wifi didnt work with my iPhone for like 8 months until I realized i just had to reenter the password on my iphone. Just bought hoopster by the way syncing now.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC34 View Post
go to setting and press forget this network and then reenter the password for the network. THe password may have changed since you first put it in. My home wifi didnt work with my iPhone for like 8 months until I realized i just had to reenter the password on my iphone. Just bought hoopster by the way syncing now.
My WiFi connection works fine, I can access any web page or submit online highscores for other games from my iPod. I think it's the server that you submit the highscores to that is down. Unless I miss understood you?

04-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
My WiFi connection works fine, I can access any web page or submit online highscores for other games from my iPod. I think it's the server that you submit the highscores to that is down. Unless I miss understood you?
When I wrote that I hadn't played yet. You're right submitting to the worldwide board never works. And I ha scores that wouldve been in the top ten. Please fix this soon!

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC34 View Post
When I wrote that I hadn't played yet. You're right submitting to the worldwide board never works. And I ha scores that wouldve been in the top ten. Please fix this soon!
Yup, it needs to be fixed ASAP so there is some competition!

04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
We are working on this now, sorry for the inconvenience. I will post an update shortly.

Matt
04-07-2009, 12:30 PM
There is something silly going on with the code that talks to the database that I'm trying to sort out at the moment. Working on it now, stay tuned.