★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Avadon: The Black Fortress

04-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Avadon: The Black Fortress

For information, not sure it worth put it there, it would be more logical the dev post here but well I'm too lazy to try suggest him.
04-11-2011, 08:53 AM
This is a great game and I can recommend it to anyone who likes classic computer role playing games. This is from the same developer that made Exile: Escape from the Pit back in the day, as well as the Avernum and Geneforge series. If you liked any of those, you will probably enjoy Avadon. (You will also be able to use the same keyboard shortcuts you've been using for 15 or so years in Jeff's games, but the interface has actually evolved. Trust me, trust me *wink*.)

Note, there is an iPad version of Avadon scheduled to come out this spring.
04-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Woo my Mac App Store review keep been rejected in France Store, that's so irritated to be hit by the censure of a hidden idiot at Apple France, and not even get any explanation.

Perhaps veterans could help pinpoint what's wrong, here a Google Translation:
Quote:
I have not finished yet I've played about 50 hours. It starts a little slowly but becomes more and more interesting. At the point where I read it and slap a big point to note I urge fans of Baldur's Gate 1 because certain regions or areas which are strongly suggests (a region with many areas). It is an indie and not the same consistent quality as the best big budget but the quality is often high and in many respects, fighting, exploration, little secrets, stories, dialogues, etc.. And note that the companions are well developed.

Concerning the difficulty is not nearly as basic as all RPG blockbuster and the battles I urge you to use the Hard difficulty level. Oh yes it's attention only in English, text writing.

Concerning the graphics, they are very much improved compared to previous games in the same developer, and I advise trying them with a definition not too high to better appreciate more and more close-up, it does help the atmosphere at the beginning and we appreciate the improvement and overall quality is much better than in the Avernum series.

In total, given that I played great, do not miss out.
EDIT: Arg the Google Translation seems to me awful but I won't translate myself because I'll have rewrite all to use words and sentences I know better in English, too much pain.

Last edited by Qordobo; 04-29-2011 at 01:27 AM.