★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Slitherine
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 59.8 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: #1 best selling strategy game and #1 best selling board game in the app store!

HISTORY Egypt Engineering an Empire allows players to build their own empire from its foundations to the height of its power. Acting as the leader of a territory from the Egyptian Empire, players manage all aspects of its rise, from economic growth to political power, the development of armies, and expansion into other regions by war and diplomacy.

Reviews
90% - Armchair General "A great game for gamers who wish to step into the world of strategy gaming"
80% Silver Award - Pocket Gamer "With a large solo campaign and decent hotseat multiplayer for two players, HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire has plenty to offer"
95% - PSP Minis "If you like strategy games at all, this is a must buy"
80% - Adrenaline Vault "HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire is a very solid game"
80% - What Mobile "strategy enthusiasts and more casual players alike, this is imperial stuff."

Empires are controlled from three main views: the Campaign Map shows the entire game world, including mountains, forests, coastlines, oceans, rivers, cites, and armies. The City Map gives players an overview of the structure and role of a city within the empire, and provides a basis for economic decisions. The Battle Map is to be used when diplomacy has run its course or when a city is being attacked, resulting in turn-based combat.

The game is graphically rich with fast paced addictive gameplay. It is ideal for newcomers to the turn based strategy game genre.

Features

· City development with over 50 buildings to construct

· Army management with more than 25 unit types to recruit

· Each nation has its own unique units and buildings

· 9 historic campaigns with each with different objectives

· Diplomacy, wars, peace and tributes: use your skills to fight your enemies or make other countries your friends

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
HISTORY™ Egypt Engineering an Empire allows players to build their own empire from its foundations to the height of its power. Acting as the leader of a territory from the Egyptian Empire, players manage all aspects of its rise, from economic growth to political power, the development of armies, and expansion into other regions by war and diplomacy.

Reviews
90% - Armchair General "A great game for gamers who wish to step into the world of strategy gaming"
80% Silver Award - Pocket Gamer "With a large solo campaign and decent hotseat multiplayer for two players, HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire has plenty to offer"
80% - Adrenaline Vault "HISTORY Egypt: Engineering an Empire is a very solid game"
80% - What Mobile "strategy enthusiasts and more casual players alike, this is imperial stuff."

Empires are controlled from three main views: the Campaign Map shows the entire game world, including mountains, forests, coastlines, oceans, rivers, cites, and armies. The City Map gives players an overview of the structure and role of a city within the empire, and provides a basis for economic decisions. The Battle Map is to be used when diplomacy has run its course or when a city is being attacked, resulting in turn-based combat.

The game is graphically rich with fast paced addictive gameplay. It is ideal for newcomers to the turn based strategy game genre.

Features

· City development with over 50 buildings to construct

· Army management with more than 25 unit types to recruit

· Each nation has its own unique units and buildings

· 9 historic campaigns with each with different objectives

· Diplomacy, wars, peace and tributes: use your skills to fight your enemies or make other countries your friends
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Game looks like a fun strategy game. I noticed the iphone version has never been updated since its release last May (still at ver 1.0). So I would hope they would support this better.

Last edited by Marcus70; 04-07-2011 at 06:04 PM.

04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
History Egypt HD - must have strategy game.

I some how managed to post this to the iPhone section so trying again here. I guess we need some sleep and less time working on the games

History Egypt HD has been called a must have app for strategy gamers. If you are into strategy games at all then check this one out.

Reviews

This is our first iPad game and we really think it has something new and exciting to offer so if you want to check it out please go to http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/history-egypt-hd/id428936764?mt=8

The aim is for this to be the first of many iPad strategy games we make. We hope you like it. If so give us a review!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/history-egypt-hd/id428936764?mt=8
04-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Looks interesting. More strategy games are always welcome onn the iPad. Will there be a lite version available in the future?
04-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Definitely looks good, but would need to be able to play a lite version before paying $5, or at least get some more reviews or opinions.
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Nice one ... played it one hour and it is good so far.

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-10-2011, 04:12 PM
We haven't had time for a lite version yet. I'll talk to the team tomorrow. It's quite hard to know what to show without giving too much away in this type of game but we'll see what we can do. So far not many player reviews - just none German one I've seen which gives us 5* and says its great . Hopefully more soon as people start to play the game.
04-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Looks interesting from the screenshots and description, but as there is no lite version I think I'll wait for a few more impressions before buying. Definitely added to my list of games I might buy though!
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherine Iain View Post
We haven't had time for a lite version yet. I'll talk to the team tomorrow. It's quite hard to know what to show without giving too much away in this type of game but we'll see what we can do. So far not many player reviews - just none German one I've seen which gives us 5* and says its great . Hopefully more soon as people start to play the game.
Not to worry, I'm a die-hard fan of your work on other platforms and I'm writing up what can only be described as a glowing review. Mobile wargaming is about to improve tenfold, if Slitherine continues to bring your epic products to the iPad.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-10-2011, 08:06 PM
looks good. with what djflippy said, i'm in!
ill post some impressions after i play a bit!!