★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple, reviews and previous player comments...

New & Noteworthy featured by Apple in iPad Family & Adventure game categories.

"Game of the week!" 10/4/2011 www.appolicious.com

"Highly recommended, for the few old fans and those seeking a quality platform experience on iPad." Rating: 86% www.thesmartphoneappreview.com

FreeAppReport.com Featured App!

"Was looking for classic old games and stumbled upon this gem." 2cool4school (UK).
"Fantastic .!!! - Easy to play game with amazing graphics, great controls and addictive / fun gameplay!!" JohnHasio (US).
(English trans.) "Brilliant graphics, funny and addictive... Very good platform game for your iPad." mianpi (ES).
(English trans.) "An old classic Amiga platform game, very colourful and full of surprise." BrunoDelFrate (IT).
"Very neat! - I can tell a lot of work went into making this game. Lots of fun!" btcvideo (US).
"It is cool! - I do like these kind of games!" kakuye (US).
"Awesome game - Really very amusing and awesome." Xingjin16 (US).
"Awesome - Like this game!" Astakov (US).
"Excellent. Great retro platformer for the iPad!" Garudadelic (US).
"Fun game - Just fun to play." Eric Zq (US).
"Great App - Really cool app!" Aleric H. (US).
"Good adaptation - Remember playing this game on the Atari ST." LuvMacs (US).
"Brings back memories." hunch (US).
"Cool graphics! - Looks good." n..i.k..o (US).
"Interesting! - Classic act game." winnie-xie (US).
"Like it! - Fun game." Yz27 (US).

Doodlebug is back! almost 20 years on since this classic platform adventure first appeared commercially on Amiga and Atari ST.

Doodlebug offers twenty levels of varied platform action spread across five themed worlds. Interactive characters within the the game allow Doodlebug to buy submarines, buggies, dragons, helicopters and space ships to help him on his quest to rescue the lovely Princess Lady Bug.

With the aid of his magic coloured pencils and eraser, Doodlebug can vanquish his foes and traverse the the levels ahead, by way of quickly drawing umbrellas, balloons, magic potions and time freeze clocks. Pencil eraser smart bombs also have the ability to wipe out many enemies in one go.

Are you ready for the adventure to begin and rescue Princess Lady Bug from the clutches of the Evil Slug Boss?... Play on!

Features:

* Selectable single thumb or virtual gamepad controls.
* Unique pencil power-up concept.
* Interactive characters.
* Vehicles that aid gameplay.
* Breakable floors and walls to push open.
* Many inventive and taxing levels.
* Hidden treasures and bonus items.
* Colourful graphics and catchy themed music.
* Playable and suitable for all ages.
* Game continue option.
* Persistent HiScore.

Doodlebug Mini Edition (iPhone):
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/doodlebug-mini-edition/id432298892?mt=8

Doodlebug (iPad) Game Video:
youtu.be/JuaKiLRYegQ

Doodlebug Music Remix:
youtu.be/T4HoSkYbOaQ

Doodlebug Facebook Fan Page:
on.fb.me/Doodlebug

Mobile Amusements:
www.mobileamusements.com

Mobile Amusements's comments:

Doodlebug is back! almost 20 years on since this classic platform adventure first appeared commercially on Amiga and Atari ST.

Doodlebug offers twenty levels of varied platform action spread across five themed worlds. Interactive characters within the the game allow Doodlebug to buy submarines, buggies, dragons, helicopters and space ships to help him on his quest to rescue the lovely Princess Lady Bug.

With the aid of his magic coloured pencils and eraser, Doodlebug can vanquish his foes and traverse the the levels ahead, by way of quickly drawing umbrellas, balloons, magic potions and time freeze clocks. Pencil eraser smart bombs also have the ability to wipe out many enemies in one go.

Are you ready for the adventure to begin and rescue Princess Lady Bug from the clutches of the Evil Slug Boss?... Play on!

Doodlebug is available on the iPad App Store NOW!

Features:

* Easy to learn single thumb control pad.
* Unique pencil power-up concept.
* Interactive characters.
* Vehicles that aid gameplay.
* Breakable floors and walls to push open.
* Many inventive and taxing levels.
* Hidden treasures and bonus items.
* Colourful graphics and catchy themed music.
* Playable and suitable for all ages.
* Game continue option.
* Persistent HiScore.

www.mobileamusements.com
04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
I like the look but after watching the YouTube video the controls look like they could be challenging.

04-08-2011, 01:03 AM

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 04-08-2011 at 01:05 AM.
04-08-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I like the look but after watching the YouTube video the controls look like they could be challenging.
Thank you! The one thumb control pad is as easy as it gets for a platformer really though and certainly as easy we could make it from the original joystick controls etc. It actually works very well in practice we think.

www.mobileamusements.com
04-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Doodlebug (iPad) reviews starting to come in:

Featured by Apple and previous player comments...
✭ New & Noteworthy featured by Apple in iPad Family & Adventure game categories (WORLDWIDE). ✭
"Fantastic ….!!! - Easy to play game with amazing graphics, great controls and addictive / fun gameplay!!" ✭✭✭✭✭ JohnHasio (US).
"Very neat! - I can tell a lot of work went into making this game. Lots of fun!" ✭✭✭✭✭ btcvideo (US).
(English trans.) "Beautiful, even if difficult! - An old classic Amiga platform game, very colourful and full of surprise." ✭✭✭✭✭ BrunoDelFrate (IT).
"It is cool! - I do like these kind of games!" ✭✭✭✭✭ kakuye (US).
"Awesome game - Really very amusing and awesome." ✭✭✭✭✭ Xingjin16 (US).
"Awesome - Like this game!" ✭✭✭✭✭ Astakov (US).
"Fun game - Just fun to play." ✭✭✭✭✭ Eric Zq (US).
"Great App - Really cool app!" ✭✭✭✭✭ Aleric H. (US).
"Brings back memories." ✭✭✭✭ hunch (US).
"Cool graphics! - Looks good." ✭✭✭✭ n..i.k..o (US).
"Interesting! - Classic act game." ✭✭✭✭ winnie-xie (US).
"Like it! - Fun game." ✭✭✭✭ Yz27 (US).

www.mobileamusements.com
04-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I found them slightly awkward at first, being used to various virtual stick + buttons schemes on the iPad, but there are things that are actually easier with them, e.g. jumping to the right or left.

Apart from that, the game looks like a solid retro (now, anyway) platformer; I haven't had much time to play it yet though.
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
✭ Doodlebug (iPad) 20th Birthday Celebration $0.99 Promo Price Blowout ✭

✭ $3.99 -> $0.99 very shortly FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY! Celebrate Doodlebug's 20th Birthday since initial release on Amiga & Atari ST in this all new iPad version! Please leave Doodlebug a good review and a 5-star rating if you like it. ✭

iPhone version on the way!

www.mobileamusements.com

Last edited by Mobile Amusements; 04-11-2011 at 10:30 AM.
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Game seems a great blast from the past but for me, the controls are just too awkward. I have to wonder why the devs decided to go this route with all the controls on a single pad rather than splitting it across both hands. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to persevere with the control system so for now, it's shelved. I really hope better controls are added in the future thought.

Jamie.
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi , I would have to second what badmanj says, It looks like a game with great potential but the controls are too awkward. hope you can give an option for dual controls and best of luck with the game .

Glenn
04-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Picked this up and it is pretty good but while the controls work, they make the game unnecessary difficult. I appreciate that this is an older game but there is no reason why some other control options couldn't be added.