★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: knetP
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: 'LAR(Children Of Pandora)' Apple's App Store Release

>> Release events a week, $ 0.99 <<
>> 1 $ 0.99 <<

ABOUT THT GAME
'LARThe Children of Pandora' is composed of a touching and detailed scenario. As an Action RPG, it is packed full of exciting and realistic high quality action.

As a Swordsman/Gunner you have a choice of 16 classes that you can change freely and 68 Life Skills that allows you to create various items. You also get a choice of a variety of weapons, shields, etc. plus splendid and natural costumes that allow entertaining gameplay.
There are also new maps, monsters and quests that take place in a network dungeon where you can obtain a Unique Item created for a single user. The game also has a Mentoring System that allows players of a higher level to help players of a lower level that leads to entry into the Mentor Dungeon.

'- ' , RPG .

/ 16 , 68 ,

1 , , 1

, .

Game Points
16 types of various jobs and weapon combinations
Classes specifically created for close range combat and long distance combat
A variety of skill systems that not only differ in names, effects and numbers but actually play a crucial role in combat!
A puzzle style story reminiscent of a movie that jumps between the past, present and memories
A system that allows players to create all items required in the game
The Last Dungeon where you can enjoy a new dungeon daily through the network
A mentoring system that allows high level players to give experience to lower level players
And the Mentor Dungeon for the strongest Mentors!

!

!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
Description
★ 'LAR(Children Of Pandora)' Apple's App Store Release ★

>> Release events a week, $ 0.99 <<

★ABOUT THT GAME★
'LAR–The Children of Pandora' is composed of a touching and detailed scenario. As an Action RPG, it is packed full of exciting and realistic high quality action.

As a Swordsman/Gunner you have a choice of 16 classes that you can change freely and 68 Life Skills that allows you to create various items. You also get a choice of a variety of weapons, shields, etc. plus splendid and natural costumes that allow entertaining gameplay.
There are also new maps, monsters and quests that take place in a network dungeon where you can obtain a Unique Item created for a single user. The game also has a Mentoring System that allows players of a higher level to help players of a lower level that leads to entry into the Mentor Dungeon.

★ Game Points
▶16 types of various jobs and weapon combinations
Classes specifically created for close range combat and long distance combat
▶A variety of skill systems that not only differ in names, effects and numbers but actually play a crucial role in combat!
▶A puzzle style story reminiscent of a movie that jumps between the past, present and memories
▶A system that allows players to create all items required in the game
▶The Last Dungeon where you can enjoy a new dungeon daily through the network
▶A mentoring system that allows high level players to give experience to lower level players
▶And the Mentor Dungeon for the strongest Mentors!
04-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Anyone?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Need an rpg to play while waiting for z3 to come out

04-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Bought.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Will probably impulse buy, any impressions so far?

Dual weild weapons look sort of like err... Zenonia 3

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-08-2011 at 08:39 AM.
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
okay i'm gonna pull the trigger

I saw a video of this game, it looks pretty fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9G4Ox3_qzM
04-08-2011, 10:04 AM
9.1mb? thats not so good, better wait for impressions
04-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blebhertz View Post
I saw a video of this game, it looks pretty fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9G4Ox3_qzM
Embedded

Youtube link | Pop Up

Video looks nice, downloading... will report impressions.
04-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Video looks cool, although all of these KRPG's show off end-of-game levels of equipment and skills, while 95% of the rest of your time playing won't be anywhere near as exciting...

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
this or Wild Frontier?

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android
04-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I've only put in about 20 minutes into it, so these are very early impressions. First, this is the same Korean publisher of the recent Legend of Whatever game that was absolutely terrible, so my expectations were way low. As it happens, it's better than I expected, though that doesn't mean it's a good game.

On the plus side:

*The story is surprisingly compelling, even engrossing. The translation is sloppy, but not terrible by any means. Like many of these KRPGs, there's plenty of verbiage at the start; this one kept me paying attention. The set-up is also fairly original for the genre, though clearly inspired by the Terminator (though in a fantasy setting). It's not every day that you get to play as the architect of the Apocalypse.

* Graphics look decent on the retina screen and the framerate is good. In fact, you will want to slow down the game in options before starting.

* The UI is cellphone based but clear and easy to use.

* Armor and weapons are visible on the character.

On the minus:

* The actual gameplay is overly familiar: tons of fetch/kill X quests

* The controls are responsive but poorly arranges (particularly the d-pad)

* Combat is flashy but very button-mashy (especially compared to Wild Frontier).

* You can't go into building in the town, which for me flattens the experience

* The music is weak, though not the worst I've ever heard

All in all, the only thing that distinguishes this from the typical Zenonia-wanna-be is the story -- and at this point I have no idea how it will develop. There are definitely better options out there, even within this particular sub-genre, though at .99 it's not a terrible purchase.

Last edited by squarezero; 04-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.