★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: entropia
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Picross in 3D! Pixross is fun and challenging logic puzzle, sort of a mix of sudoku, crosswords and minesweeper in 3D!!

Picross, ie Picture crosswords, or nonograms are popular crosswords puzzles, where the aim is to find the hidden shape using numbers placed on the top and left of the grid. Pixross takes this setting to 3D like it's year 2011! Remove all the blocks to reveal a 3D shape.

Features
* Works with all (even old) iPod Touches to the latest iPhone 4
* 100 Levels!
* Hours of gameplay!
* Each puzzle takes just few minutes (at least with a bit of practise) so the game is perfect for bus, tram, metro, queues at the stores etcetc!
* Levels range from easy to more challenging ones.
* Nothing to configure, just click play and keep clicking until you reach level 100.
* You can select any level you have completed!
* Unlocked levels can be played many times over!

Check out the tutorial levels to learn how the game works.

***INTRUCTIONS***

Tap inside the cube to enter "select mode" where you can select blocks, after one tap you can "paint" more blocks by moving your finger around the surface of the cube.

Tap outside the cube to enter "rotate mode" where you can rotate the cube. You can also always rotate by moving 2 fingers together.

Double tap outside to remove selected blocks and that's it!

There are also icons for all the functions! from version 1.2 on, you can also LOCK the blocks you know you don't want to remove!

entropia's comments:

There's also youtube video showing gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuKu7nTI2rY

...and of course the official website with some more info: http://pixross.info/
04-08-2011, 10:09 AM
The game looks nice. Are all of the puzzles 5x5x5 or are there larger ones?

04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AENIGMA View Post
The game looks nice. Are all of the puzzles 5x5x5 or are there larger ones?
Thanks! Currently from all of the 100 levels there are 6 with 6x6x6 (about every 20. level), but the rest are 5x5x5. I have tested levels up to 8x8x8 on iPhone screen, and those are still playable, so there will be definitely larger puzzles on the next updates.

I just felt safer to not overwhelm people with too large puzzles at start, since the solving time gets quite much longer for every "layer" added, and right now there is no "autosave" during the game, which is ok if it takes just few minutes to solve
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Would you consider releasing an iPad version, or making this universal?

A game like this would be awesome on the bigger screen.
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
It's not quite Picross 3D (my fave DS game for many a month), but it's as close as you can get on an iDevice (for now).

Controls aren't nearly as good as Picross 3D, but then my fingers aren't quite as thin as a stylus!

Nice one

[EDIT] Forgot to say that i really hate the spinning blocks after completing each puzzle - I'd rather the whole puzzle rotated, rather than each individual block. One my first game it looked as though the blocks were re-arranging into something completely different to the puzzle I solved. It looks really odd.

Last edited by iprice; 04-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.
04-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninld View Post
Would you consider releasing an iPad version, or making this universal?

A game like this would be awesome on the bigger screen.
Yes, iPad-version is actually coming soon as well!
04-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropia View Post

I just felt safer to not overwhelm people with too large puzzles at start, since the solving time gets quite much longer for every "layer" added, and right now there is no "autosave" during the game, which is ok if it takes just few minutes to solve
iOS syndrome strikes again. Not all of us are casual players. Knowing that the biggest puzzle available is 6x6x6 has turned me away from this. If you plan to release a version with huge grids please let us know. I'd definitely like to experience 3d picross on the iPhone. Thanks

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
04-21-2011, 02:14 AM
1.1 update out now!

There's an update in the app store, which hopefully makes the selection and rotation more clear, also the contrast between background and cube is improved!
07-27-2011, 02:45 PM
TOFTA'ing per request, will be back with impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
When did we change TOFTT to TOFTA, and what does the A stand for?

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey