★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: choices

11-02-2008, 06:01 PM
choices

okay, so i decided to treat myself to ten dollars of itunes apps for this week, cause..well...i'm worth it...and so are you

so far, i have purchased
Strategic Assualt ....$2.99....needs some work...hopefully with the update it will be fun to play
Classics.................$2.99....not instantly entertained by it, i hope it grows on me
-------------------------
total $6.00

so my question is

for game under 5 bucks do you think i should purchase

i was leaning on iShoot...$4.99 ..i know that is a dollar over my budget, but it does look good

or i was thinking Laze, $2.99 but i dont play lumen that much, or can they even be compared?

any suggestions?
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
get PapiJump Plus and PapiJump Cave there $1 each

11-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Well, for under $5, you could buy the recent game Sci-Fly, which is only $2.99. It is wonderful and there is an update coming this week, and at the moment I am beta-testing the version after the update, which has some cool improvements. Here's the link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294794565&mt=8

Enjoy it (or at least look at it)!

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
11-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch View Post
okay, so i decided to treat myself to ten dollars of itunes apps for this week, cause..well...i'm worth it...and so are you

so far, i have purchased
Strategic Assualt ....$2.99....needs some work...hopefully with the update it will be fun to play
Classics.................$2.99....not instantly entertained by it, i hope it grows on me
-------------------------
total $6.00

so my question is

for game under 5 bucks do you think i should purchase

i was leaning on iShoot...$4.99 ..i know that is a dollar over my budget, but it does look good

or i was thinking Laze, $2.99 but i dont play lumen that much, or can they even be compared?

any suggestions?
Laze is good stuff. I just started a thread about it. I haven't played Lumen, but they don't seem very similar. The laser in Laze is completely responsive to anything it hits. There aren't set angles, like in Lumen. It even has prisms, which refract the light in realistic (though 2D) ways. The laser even fades if it gets too long.

I think it's well worth $2.99. It is new though, which means a price drop wouldn't be unlikely.

Edit: Vaelsh posted as I was typing. I agree with him. Scifly is a total bargain. The updates sound great and they're planning even more updates.

Get Laze if you want a thinking game, but get Scifly if you want to fly around and blow sh@t up.

Last edited by NotYou; 11-02-2008 at 06:17 PM.
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
More ships coming soon too! I gave him at least four ideas for new ships and i know already that two out of the four are going to be made soon, as in version 1.3. Version 1.1 is supposed to come out today, and after i finish beta testing version 1.2, he will submit that too. There certainly is a future for that game.

Edit: Just as a hint for what might show up soon... picture a ship with a _____thrower mounted on it. I don't want to give too much away. He he he he he...

Last edited by vaelsh; 11-02-2008 at 06:44 PM.
11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
So many choices...hmm
maybe i shall get them all? -haha...the app store is evil...damn you instant gratification

thank you for all of your reccomendations
11-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post
More ships coming soon too! I gave him at least four ideas for new ships and i know already that two out of the four are going to be made soon, as in version 1.3. Version 1.1 is supposed to come out today, and after i finish beta testing version 1.2, he will submit that too. There certainly is a future for that game.

Edit: Just as a hint for what might show up soon... picture a ship with a _____thrower mounted on it. I don't want to give too much away. He he he he he...
how is the A.I in the game, and or multiplayer?

do you think in the future, besides for some kind of...burning....gun ...that you speak of, which sounds like a whole lot of fun, that multiplayer could be on servers (like galcon's setup) or a lan party, 4 people standing in a room, having a good time killing each other...like back in the day with quake, hl, but with ships....with "Fire" guns like a certain Sci-Fly
11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post

update just got released 15 minutes ago
11-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynch View Post
how is the A.I in the game, and or multiplayer?

do you think in the future, besides for some kind of...burning....gun ...that you speak of, which sounds like a whole lot of fun, that multiplayer could be on servers (like galcon's setup) or a lan party, 4 people standing in a room, having a good time killing each other...like back in the day with quake, hl, but with ships....with "Fire" guns like a certain Sci-Fly
The AI is good especially the hard difficulty called Ace! It is very hard to win/survive in that difficulty. But in the other two difficulties, it's great. About the online/multiplayer... I don't think he will do it for a while. Right now he's just trying to build up the game and the engine so it runs just right.

11-02-2008, 11:36 PM
You guys talked me into it buying scifly right now...