★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What Ever happened to StickWars - seige?

04-07-2009, 06:33 PM
What Ever happened to StickWars - seige?

Ok, so I saw this game like 3 days ago, but I was overdue with the $$ in my account so I couldnt download anything.

So today I paid it all off and when to download it! So at first, for some reason, I went to the Top Apps list and it was there. But it was not letting me view the item. It went to its page and said "The item your requested is not available." I figured it was because of a new update they spoke of.

So I tried again now, and its not even there at all, or the search??? Its totally wiped out!

What happened? I used to play this game on PC and wanted it for the touch

Check out Smoof7 Productions!
04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Maybe the original makers of defend your castle complained to apple. Xgen or something

back

04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Thanks for posting this, guys. The creator of the game has agreed to remove it from the App Store until he can make some significant changes to differentiate the game from DyC.

In the meantime, the real DyC should be available on iPhone / iPod Touch very soon!
Right from the xgen studios forum.

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showth...=159754&page=2
04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Send a message via MSN to Crzychkn Send a message via Skype™ to Crzychkn
Ahhh and I just picked this game up today, now I may or may not like the new version...

I wonder if the original version will be better anyways.
04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzychkn View Post
Ahhh and I just picked this game up today, now I may or may not like the new version...

I wonder if the original version will be better anyways.
Of course it will be.

Have you played the original flash version?
04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Send a message via MSN to Crzychkn Send a message via Skype™ to Crzychkn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
Of course it will be.

Have you played the original flash version?
I have, and the Wii version. So yes, of course it will be. I was just maybe hoping it wouldn't be so it more justified me getting this ripoff version of it.
04-07-2009, 06:43 PM
The flash games good too. Also, whats the name of the flash game where you have a big fort and you buy and upgrade guns on it. Stickmen come at you and try to take it down, but you like stay overnight and its like "Day 1" and so on....I forgot the name of that one too...

Check out Smoof7 Productions!
04-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Sad thing is, the person who stole DYC's idea still probably made a decent amount of money on this game while it was out. The guy had to know he was blatantly copying the idea and the original creators would catch on. It's kind of a shame....

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
04-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Sad thing is, the person who stole DYC's idea still probably made a decent amount of money on this game while it was out. The guy had to know he was blatantly copying the idea and the original creators would catch on. It's kind of a shame....
Yea, I think it reached like #19 in the american app store or something. =[
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
So did the guys who made the Wii version make the flash version? Because if they didn't couldn't you say they blatantly copied that game? Unless they did make the flash game of course.