★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ipad 2 not really comfortable in gaming

04-09-2011, 10:55 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 575
Ipad 2 not really comfortable in gaming

I game alot on my ipad2, but duo to its sharp edges i dont really find it comfortable to use longer then half an hour.
Im sure im not the only one, and i was wondering if there already was made a solution? Maybe a case-idea but only for the edges?

Thanks
04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
#2
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 975
Sorta in the wrong section... But I have an Ipad2 and I havent had any problems with it? Are you holding in a strange way? Also the ipad has rounded/curved edges so I'm not sure what the sharp edges you are referring to

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL

04-09-2011, 12:04 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: Bookland
Posts: 3,366
With a smart cover underneath my iPad all the time I never noticed the sharp edges. Or you can always wrap it in a case.
04-09-2011, 12:15 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 484
Interesting find, as the iPad 2 would be hitting my sunny shores soon.

I would definitely benefit from user experiences on the product.

I am a proud owner of the original iPad. But, the itch is killing me.

Please do go on more about the various issues you guys have got so far with it. I would like to weigh it against the pros of a 2x faster processor and 9x graphical speed and a slightly lithe frame coupled with a thinner overall weight.

GameCenter / plus+ / Crystal ID: MeteorFlare
OpenFeint: MeteorFlye
04-09-2011, 12:44 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgqueenx View Post
I game alot on my ipad2, but duo to its sharp edges i dont really find it comfortable to use longer then half an hour.
Im sure im not the only one, and i was wondering if there already was made a solution? Maybe a case-idea but only for the edges?

Thanks
You're not. The beveled edges are too sharp an angle for me to hold comfortably for long. The corners and edges dig into my palms when held one-handed. I will case mine with some sort of skin that covers the edges and back, making the iPad thicker and grippier. Obviously, these are highly-individualized complaints.

Another minor complaint: when holding the device upside down, resting the edge on a hard surface is enough to hit the sleep button.
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,609
Most games are very well suited for an ipad posed on an inclined surface.

Many ipad support case allow that well and some will even work for both horizontal or vertical. For sure this won't match well some transport usage but even some like train or plane can include a little table for that purpose.
04-09-2011, 01:12 PM
#7
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorFlare View Post
Interesting find, as the iPad 2 would be hitting my sunny shores soon.

I would definitely benefit from user experiences on the product.

I am a proud owner of the original iPad. But, the itch is killing me.

Please do go on more about the various issues you guys have got so far with it. I would like to weigh it against the pros of a 2x faster processor and 9x graphical speed and a slightly lithe frame coupled with a thinner overall weight.
Its amazing The device is really light, I can hold it comfortably in one hand for extended periods. Plus check out the TA article where they highlighted ipad 2 games. Infinity blade is amazing so is RR2 HD. Plus the HDMI out feature espically in the upcoming update for RR2 Hd will be amazing.

Personally Id stay away from gameloft games as in my opinion they look horrible on the ipad (yes the HD versions).

Trust me I waited in line on launch and havent regretted it one bit. Only wish i could use it more, darn college

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL
04-09-2011, 01:30 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgqueenx View Post
I game alot on my ipad2, but duo to its sharp edges i dont really find it comfortable to use longer then half an hour.
Im sure im not the only one, and i was wondering if there already was made a solution? Maybe a case-idea but only for the edges?

Thanks
I keep mine in a Targus Zierra Case I purchased at Best Buy it's not cheap $60 (I picked up one that someone had opened $50) but well worth it in my opinion. Great as far as comfort goes and nice to protect your iPad too.
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 575
Well i definatlupy also going to purchase a case or something. This doesnt work for me. It just hurts after a while
04-09-2011, 03:09 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgqueenx View Post
Well i definatlupy also going to purchase a case or something. This doesnt work for me. It just hurts after a while
Its the best device available. If you have one don't complain.

& yes I have one.