★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Switch Frenzy (a fast paced arcade game) beta testers needed!

04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Switch Frenzy (a fast paced arcade game) beta testers needed!

Myself and a buddy are working on our first indie game, its called Switch Frenzy.

Its a simple high-score driven arcade game. Its fast paced and gamecentre enabled so we would massively appreciate anyone willing to help us beta test it and find bugs, try and break it, post lots of scores to the leaderboards, gain achievements, provide general feedback (creative/technical etc) the usual beta testing lark

Here are a few screenshots

Were using Test Flight to distribute the beta which is pretty slick and will allow you to directly install it on your device over the air.

So, if you have an iPhone 3GS or 4

1. Go here: http://bit.ly/e41Slm
2. Register an account
3. Follow the instructions emailed to you (on your device)
4. Sit back and wait. Well notify you when the beta version is available to download (probably tomorrow)
5. Switch some goddamn switches!
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Done.

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!

04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks! The first build is available to play now

We still have plenty of spots left if anyone else is interested in signing up
04-10-2011, 02:37 PM
thanks, i applied..
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Wait, I went to the link, made an account, registered my device, and now I have some testflight app on my ipod. How do I get the beta build? also, how do you want the feedback? PM? Email? forum?

im back guys!
04-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguise View Post
Were using Test Flight to distribute the beta which is pretty slick and will allow you to directly install it on your device over the air.

So, if you have an iPhone 3GS or 4

1. Go here: http://bit.ly/e41Slm
2. Register an account
3. Follow the instructions emailed to you (on your device)
4. Sit back and wait. Well notify you when the beta version is available to download (probably tomorrow)
5. Switch some goddamn switches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
Wait, I went to the link, made an account, registered my device, and now I have some testflight app on my ipod. How do I get the beta build? also, how do you want the feedback? PM? Email? forum?
it's only the newer iPhones for the current beta, I think

That's how it starts. The fever. The DOOT DOOT
Waiting for: Fugl|Shockwave, Darkside|Thumb Drift|WOTA:Wolves of the Atlantic
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
no 4th gen ipod? cause that's the same thing as iphone..... I'm pretty sure 4th gen ipod would work....

im back guys!
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattestfatty View Post
no 4th gen ipod? cause that's the same thing as iphone..... I'm pretty sure 4th gen ipod would work....
well yeah same hardware specs but software is slightly different e.g. you download a different iOS update file for ipod touch than the iphone. These guys might not have fixed it up for your ipod yet.

That's how it starts. The fever. The DOOT DOOT
Waiting for: Fugl|Shockwave, Darkside|Thumb Drift|WOTA:Wolves of the Atlantic
04-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Hi guys. I'm one of the developers for Switch Frenzy, just here to clarify some of the points.

You can sign up if you are using an iPod 4th Gen device, but please upgrade to the latest OS if possible.

At the moment iPad devices are not supported. This will be introduced when 3GS support is added to the Beta (disabled right now due to funky looking assets - most likely available in a weeks time).

Once you are registered, you will receive an email when a Beta build is read for you to play with. The builds don't become immediately available as we need to register your device with the build first.

Feedback can be given in whatever manner is easiest for you. You can provide feedback via:
- email breadengine@gmail.com
- post here
- twitter @breadengine
- leave a comment at out blog http://www.breadengine.com/blog/

If you guys have any other questions, just chuck 'em right at us. Thanks for the help, and we hope you have fun!
04-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Great! I got the build late last night and have tried it out. I like to make a list of stuff and send it in an email if that's okay? There are some things that I believe really need attention (relating to Gamecenter) but I'm kind of busy today and tomorrow. I'll try to send it wednesday along with some more feedback

im back guys!