★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TA Mobile website activated

04-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
TA Mobile website activated

We've just activated the mobile version of TouchArcade, created in an effort to reduce load times for those on an iPhone or other mobile device.

We'll be making tweaks over the next day or so, and please share any issues you may experience here at the start.

Thanks.

bp

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]
04-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Authentication Required box keeps popping up. Wanting me to login to test.toucharcade.com

Twitter: @Zincous

04-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
Authentication Required box keeps popping up. Wanting me to login to test.toucharcade.com
Try now. Was a banner link I'd not changed. (Make sure you're not reloading the test site, so you get the change I just made...)

bp

04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Still pops up everytime I refresh the page.

I was never loading the test site. I am just typing "toucharcade.com" into the address bar.

Here is a screenshot, you can see the address bar in the background is just "toucharcade.com"

Twitter: @Zincous

Last edited by Zincous; 04-09-2011 at 02:55 PM.
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
It's letting me on fine on an iPad, but there's no mobile version, just the regular site. Is it supposed to auto detect that you're on a mobile or is there an m.toucharcade.com type address you have to use?
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
It auto-detects on my iPod Touch. I'm getting the same thing as Zincous, and also the "Skip to Responses" and "Back to Top" links aren't doing anything at all.

Edit: Also the Tweet button is halfway off the screen, regardless of device orientation.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
It's letting me on fine on an iPad, but there's no mobile version, just the regular site. Is it supposed to auto detect that you're on a mobile or is there an m.toucharcade.com type address you have to use?
iPad gets a reduced size backdrop image (as it has for the past months) but not the mobile version. Which is as we've intended it.

bp

04-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Finally!

Gamecenter:1337brian
04-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Apart from the issue already mentioned with the popup, I would like to point out that the banner at the top is terrible. The app icons interfere with the text for Forums etc and making them pretty much unreadable.

Games I'm Playing: Jetpack Joyride, Infinity Blade 2, Batman, COD
Waiting For: Thunderbeam, Lostwinds, GTA3, Sonic CD
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
See same issues as others. Agree that the top's red letters make it difficult to see that there are links. And the red "Load More Entries" and theme choices on the bottom of the screen looks like they are shadow font, making it also harder to read. Otherwise, looking forward to the mobile version!