★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Please help! How can I get a refund for an app??

04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Please help! How can I get a refund for an app??

Ok so I just by accidently purchesed aralon on my 2nd generation touch! How can I get a refund?? I really want my 10 bucks back!!!!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
04-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Maybe you will get lucky - but in their policies it clearly states that they will not refund due to purchases for the wrong device - it's on the new terms and conditions. But doesn't hurt to try.

Get the receipt, there is a section (somewhere - it's not in front of me) to report a problem. Select the reason you want a refund and fill in all information it asks for. You might get a nice customer service person that takes pity on you.

04-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Not sure if it would work, but you could try contacting iTunes Support directly:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

Twitter: @azuvidexus
04-09-2011, 06:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Aralon runs perfectly fine on a second generation device.
04-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Go to your purchase history in itunes and it will list all your recent purchases. Just to the left of the price you will see a link that says "Report a Problem"

Edit: If possible its always a good idea to purchase apps on the device you will be using as I believe a msg will pop up stating that it wont work on the device and prevents you from buying it

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL
04-09-2011, 08:01 PM
What my Problem is accidently purchesed it. I bought atari greatest hits before so i entered my password. Then when i saw aralon I saw it was not supported for 2nd gens so i wanted to see if it was because Of open gl 2.0 so i hit buy. I forgot I bought atari before so it started downloading. I'll see if it runs if it doesn't I'll do the refund... I really wasnt interested in purchesing but I guess I'll try it.....

04-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Click on the top right of itunes where it has your username and balance, and click account.

Go to purchase history and find the purchase for Aralon and click report a problem at the bottom of the page, then click the report a problem thing next to the Aralon purchase. Then choose your problem and write a message.

This worked for me once, so you should try it out.

EDIT: Say you inadvertedly purchased the product, and illustrate how it happened.
04-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Ok did as said above. Wishing for the best! Thanks guys I really miss that 10 bucks

04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
What my Problem is accidently purchesed it. I bought atari greatest hits before so i entered my password. Then when i saw aralon I saw it was not supported for 2nd gens so i wanted to see if it was because Of open gl 2.0 so i hit buy. I forgot I bought atari before so it started downloading. I'll see if it runs if it doesn't I'll do the refund... I really wasnt interested in purchesing but I guess I'll try it.....
If it was via your iPod (assuming so since you mention the IAP and all) then the device won't let you buy a game that is not compatible with it. So I dunno, even if it says not compatible with 2g - if it let you download it via the device, it must somehow be ok.
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
If it was via your iPod (assuming so since you mention the IAP and all) then the device won't let you buy a game that is not compatible with it. So I dunno, even if it says not compatible with 2g - if it let you download it via the device, it must somehow be ok.
Yes but the thing is I don't want it. I thought it was a open gl thing so I wanted to check next thing I know boom downloading. I've never really had an intentions of buying it and don't want it

EDIT: to think of it I don't really need help anymore so mods feel free to delete this thread

Thanks all for the help really appreciate it

Last edited by Fireball926; 04-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.