★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone games that NEED universal iPad support!

04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
iPhone games that NEED universal iPad support!

These iPhone games desperately need HD iPad (universal) support:

- Dark Nebula 1 & 2
- Super World Adventures
- Get Out of My Galaxy (forthcoming)
- Rolando 1 & 2
- Peggle
- Liqua Pop
- Silverfish
- Phoenix
- Wave
- Lightning Fighter
- DoDon and EII
- Sky Combat
- Hook World series
- NBA Jam (forthcoming)
- Ball Slam Fantasy Tournament
- Ricochet Infinity
- Pac-Man Championship Edition
- Q-Bert Deluxe
- Street Fighter 4

Others: Capcom Arcade, Double Dragon, All of Sega's games, Breakspin, Radial 50, Assault Squadron, Space Out, Breakfest, GloBall.

Developers: please make these games for the iPad too!

Last edited by SuperWeird; 04-09-2011 at 11:31 PM.
04-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Angry birds, cut the rope, fruit ninja, flight control, etc

All the games for which the developers expect me to pay a second time for a game I have already spent money on in order to have it look reasonable on my iPad.
04-10-2011, 08:55 AM
How about... any game without universal support? I don't even own an iPad, but I can understand the frustration of iPad owners, especially those that own both devices.
04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Now that I have an Ipad 2, I doubt I'll be doing anymore gaming on my itouch. Its sits unused for the last week as I revel in the full screen goodness of Ipad games. Companies that upgrade their itouch games to Ipad versions, or offer 'Ipad only' games are going to get my money from now on. I definitely see an increased market share this year for companies that concentrate on Ipad games. I'm even willing to pay more. There just is no comparison in the gaming experience. I can barely even look at my itouch anymore without laughing. Even my wife, who loves her itouch and scoffed at my desire to get the Ipad 2 is seeing how much better it is to play games on it, and especially board games.
04-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatner's hairpiece View Post
Now that I have an Ipad 2, I doubt I'll be doing anymore gaming on my itouch. Its sits unused for the last week as I revel in the full screen goodness of Ipad games. Companies that upgrade their itouch games to Ipad versions, or offer 'Ipad only' games are going to get my money from now on. I definitely see an increased market share this year for companies that concentrate on Ipad games. I'm even willing to pay more. There just is no comparison in the gaming experience. I can barely even look at my itouch anymore without laughing. Even my wife, who loves her itouch and scoffed at my desire to get the Ipad 2 is seeing how much better it is to play games on it, and especially board games.
Its amazing how long the battery life is on itouchs when only used for music

I agree that it is frustrating having many games not be universal. The two worst companies are Gameloft and EA. They release the iphone version and sometimes it takes months to get the ipad version. Look at starfront it was announced for the ipad originally and its still not out.

That being said I there are a few cases where a separate version is ok in my book. Two examples are RR2 HD and Dead Space. Im loving the extra ipad 2 love they have been given and are willing to a pay premium for such.

Lastly I think that there is hopefully a trend by more and more developers to go universal. A notable example is death rally. I think thats a good start. The only problem currently is that sure a game might be universal but the majority of the time you have to have two completely separate saved games on each device. I wish apple would implement a universal cloud like saving service.

Made the Front Page at Pocket Gamer AND Touch Arcade!!!
goo.gl/xjVio & http://goo.gl/aKtJL