Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
After you finish the game, will you be able to continue playing like in GDS? Because I would love to be able to assemble the ultimate ship with the best crew members and best guns. But obviously, it doesn't seem possible if you finish after completing the story.

Also, how many save slots will there be?
Still deciding on save slots. We like the idea of living your decisions. So one save slot per ship right now.

And playing on after the game is "finished" will be an option. We have some fun ideas though for the next ship that you play when you start over. Almost a "next generation" type idea....
Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoombs View Post
Still deciding on save slots. We like the idea of living your decisions. So one save slot per ship right now.

And playing on after the game is "finished" will be an option. We have some fun ideas though for the next ship that you play when you start over. Almost a "next generation" type idea....
This game looks awesome, I have to give you props jpcoombs for answering all the questions on the forum. Its always encouraging to have developers/people actively involved. I know you guys are focused on the initial game but is there any "plans" or possibility of post launch content? Either paid or free update?

Thanks and looking forward to the reams hard work!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:

Cool! Thnx for the reply.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:19 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
...But you won't be able to use all the options, so repeated playthroughs will be neccessary...
...Also, research trees and caps on how much you can do in any one single game should give the game legs.
Why do you need all those caps and limits? I mean for how much you can do in one game. Is it like a game-time limit? And do you mean if you go down one path of the research tree you can't go back to the other option of the fork? ...
Another question: can you add room to your ship with the XP currency? That way I think I would be more keen to play and continue to the next-generation to build a badass all-conquering mothership
Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAwesome View Post
This game looks awesome, I have to give you props jpcoombs for answering all the questions on the forum. Its always encouraging to have developers/people actively involved. I know you guys are focused on the initial game but is there any "plans" or possibility of post launch content? Either paid or free update?

Thanks and looking forward to the reams hard work!
Both paid and free updates. Paid will be expansion packs and stuff. We look at it like valve and Team Fortress 2 - core content like ships, races, missions etc will be free and regular. Stuff thats a little different (hats in TF2 for instance) have some monetary transaction.

We will also have expansion packs that are big changes to the game (away teams, take control of alien vessels, etc)
Old 05-24-2011, 02:21 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Can you give us some more screenshots? The ones one your site are cool but they're art and not gameplay. And any news as well? It's getting quiet in this space...
Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hey jpcoombs!

I just simply wanted to tell you/guys how excited I am for Star Command! It looks like you guys are really giving it your all.

One curious point of interest is the difference between the user interface resolution and the actual game assets. Is it intentional to have such a divide between the two?

Cheers!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

We're working on combat and research right now, so some new screens should be coming very soon. We haven't stopped working. In fact the quieter it is the more we are working.

Hopefully a trailer of gameplay soon as well.

Keep the faith!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yes, the resolution change is intentional. We want the user to feel like theyre making grand choices on the top level nav and then more direct, character based choices based on the popups around the characters. The top nav will also "tuck" and move to the side when not in use so you can see as much as your ship as possible.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

this great game is still on track for a summer release right?

Closed Thread