Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
frogtorch frogtorch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 323
Default

I have a bad case of The Wants.
  #22  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
justincoombs21 justincoombs21 is offline
Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 50
Default Christening your ship name

Hey guys, Justin here from War Balloon (makers of Star Command).

You most assuredly CAN christen your ship name. Perhaps you can append it with Roman Numerals if/when you lose them in battle.

While Game Dev Story was a fantastic game- our title is more following Sim-City, Civ and X-com with dabbles of GDS in it.

We are still experimenting with the granularity to which you need to maintain your ships systems- it is a balancing act with the broader goals of the game being missions and exploring and such - the ratio of how you spend your time that is.

-Justin

www.starcommandgame.com

  #23  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
crex's Avatar
crex crex is offline
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincoombs21 View Post
Hey guys, Justin here from War Balloon (makers of Star Command).

You most assuredly CAN christen your ship name. Perhaps you can append it with Roman Numerals if/when you lose them in battle.

While Game Dev Story was a fantastic game- our title is more following Sim-City, Civ and X-com with dabbles of GDS in it.

We are still experimenting with the granularity to which you need to maintain your ships systems- it is a balancing act with the broader goals of the game being missions and exploring and such - the ratio of how you spend your time that is.

-Justin

www.starcommandgame.com

Woah! Glad to see you guys have joined! Welcome to TA! I'm really excited for the release!
  #24  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:19 PM
justincoombs21 justincoombs21 is offline
Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Woah! Glad to see you guys have joined! Welcome to TA! I'm really excited for the release!
You didn't think we'd lets this party go without us... woot
  #25  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM
jpcoombs jpcoombs is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 112
Default Star Command Designer

Jordan Coombs, the other founder of Warballoon, creators of Star Command.

Any other questions or anything like that - happy to answer. I saw one earlier for price point. 2.99-3.99

Something like that.
  #26  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
dacalo dacalo is offline
Member
iPad 2
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Default

Hey Justin,

Will the game be universal or have an iPad version? I have an iphone 4 if it's ipod/iphone only but a game like this would greatly benefit from more screen estate. It would be an instant buy for me if there is an ipad version. Besides, games like this is sorely lacking for iPads.

My biggest gripe with GDS and HSS is they don't have native iPad support!!
  #27  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
jpcoombs jpcoombs is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacalo View Post
Hey Justin,

Will the game be universal or have an iPad version? I have an iphone 4 if it's ipod/iphone only but a game like this would greatly benefit from more screen estate. It would be an instant buy for me if there is an ipad version. Besides, games like this is sorely lacking for iPads.

My biggest gripe with GDS and HSS is they don't have native iPad support!!
Ill answer for Justin,

Were going to design an original version for iPad, not just a universal. We agree with you - the iPad is perfect for this game. We also hate lame ports, so we will look at the device and make changes to build it to take advantage of the real estate and processing power.
  #28  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
dacalo dacalo is offline
Member
iPad 2
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 54
Default

Awesome!

Would the iPad version be released simultaneouly or will it be released after the iphone/itouch version?
  #29  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
crex's Avatar
crex crex is offline
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoombs View Post
Jordan Coombs, the other founder of Warballoon, creators of Star Command.

Any other questions or anything like that - happy to answer. I saw one earlier for price point. 2.99-3.99

Something like that.
IMO, thats a great price point for this game.
  #30  
Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,311
Default

Oh man I can't wait for this to come out I'm currently playing game dev but I'm a billionaire into year 50 something and running out of stuff to do.
Bring on the summer.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent