Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM

I am worried about this game too... I have been looking forward to this game and iMech. I hope it has alot of missions not just the same ones that have been shown in the videos. And does anyone know if there are away missions?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by florendas View Post
I am worried about this game too... I have been looking forward to this game and iMech. I hope it has alot of missions not just the same ones that have been shown in the videos. And does anyone know if there are away missions?
It won't have away missions for now.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the info killercow
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
I discovered this game 3 days ago and been following it and reading about it the whole time.I got high hopes for it, but I'm also afraid that it doesn't become repetitive soon, I didn't see much variety in enemies or ships in released game footage videos.
Keep my fingers crossed that final product proves me I'm wrong and paves it's way into one of best games for iOS.
From the PocketGamer article:

"This Game Dev Story-style sim will feature at least 17 missions and ten races when it hits the App Store and Google Play. There'll also be tons of unique ships to get your mitts on, and plenty of upgradable character classes to play around with."

I guess it remains to be seen how long each mission is, but ten races and "tons of unique ships" sounds promising. It might not be the sort of game you can judge the length of by its missions anyway. Each game of FTL I play barely has 17 encounters, but I've logged dozens of hours on it so far. If the setup is anything like that it should be relatively easy to keep adding new content into the game.

Last edited by MidianGTX; 01-18-2013 at 08:41 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Developers posted new screenshots on their blog - http://blog.starcommandgame.com/

Release date aka day one first day of next month ?
I really hope so
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
Developers posted new screenshots on their blog - http://blog.starcommandgame.com/
Oh boy. The more I see it the more I grow disinterested in other games. Every week I'm like "I wonder if there are any games like Star Command due out... just to tide me over until Star Command". There never are.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Oh boy. The more I see it the more I grow disinterested in other games. Every week I'm like "I wonder if there are any games like Star Command due out... just to tide me over until Star Command". There never are.
<Le sigh> I can't find any ios games I enjoy atm. I checked bit Dungeons and Ravenous' latest Infector, but just not cutting it. Maybe Might&Magic "match-3, rpg battler looks good...

But yes, Star Command really looks great. I just hope it has replay value, as I'm sure I'm going to enjoy every minute of it assuming it's performance is fine, the design, assets all look good even doing nothing looks good in this game. So yes, I hope I don't enjoy it then wonder how long new content is for it, or wonder how it could have been made to be more replayable - that's where FTL really shines.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

I really can't wait to get this game... the art style is my cup of tea
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM

One thing that worries me, if the game is continually being pushed back what are updates going to be like?

Still a day one, but I'm hoping it all comes together ASAP
Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
One thing that worries me, if the game is continually being pushed back what are updates going to be like?

Still a day one, but I'm hoping it all comes together ASAP
It's hard to say if there's any real correlation... if it was just a case of the devs being lazy, then sure, but maybe it's taking ages because they're ensuring the game is quick and simple to update

Closed Thread