★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
The developers are really going to great lengths to shrug off the Faster Than Light comparison.
I hope FTL comes to iOS soon
01-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Ok update and maybe a good one at that

I was on Facebook reading the comments because they opened up shop on t shirts but someone asked its my birthday on the 30th can I get the game before then? Well they replied back with you won't but apple will.

So does this mean between next week and the 30th the game will get released?

01-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ok update and maybe a good one at that

I was on Facebook reading the comments because they opened up shop on t shirts but someone asked its my birthday on the 30th can I get the game before then? Well they replied back with you won't but apple will.

So does this mean between next week and the 30th the game will get released?
They will send it to apple for review before the 30th. But it means that there will be no release this month, but early feb :-)
01-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotoro View Post
They will send it to apple for review before the 30th. But it means that there will be no release this month, but early feb :-)
Well that's good cant wait its gonna be a good feb
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
I discovered this game 3 days ago and been following it and reading about it the whole time.I got high hopes for it, but I'm also afraid that it doesn't become repetitive soon, I didn't see much variety in enemies or ships in released game footage videos.
Keep my fingers crossed that final product proves me I'm wrong and paves it's way into one of best games for iOS.
01-18-2013, 11:56 AM
I am worried about this game too... I have been looking forward to this game and iMech. I hope it has alot of missions not just the same ones that have been shown in the videos. And does anyone know if there are away missions?
01-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by florendas View Post
I am worried about this game too... I have been looking forward to this game and iMech. I hope it has alot of missions not just the same ones that have been shown in the videos. And does anyone know if there are away missions?
It won't have away missions for now.
01-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info killercow
01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador View Post
I discovered this game 3 days ago and been following it and reading about it the whole time.I got high hopes for it, but I'm also afraid that it doesn't become repetitive soon, I didn't see much variety in enemies or ships in released game footage videos.
Keep my fingers crossed that final product proves me I'm wrong and paves it's way into one of best games for iOS.
From the PocketGamer article:

"This Game Dev Story-style sim will feature at least 17 missions and ten races when it hits the App Store and Google Play. There'll also be tons of unique ships to get your mitts on, and plenty of upgradable character classes to play around with."

I guess it remains to be seen how long each mission is, but ten races and "tons of unique ships" sounds promising. It might not be the sort of game you can judge the length of by its missions anyway. Each game of FTL I play barely has 17 encounters, but I've logged dozens of hours on it so far. If the setup is anything like that it should be relatively easy to keep adding new content into the game.

Last edited by MidianGTX; 01-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Developers posted new screenshots on their blog - http://blog.starcommandgame.com/

Release date aka day one first day of next month ?
I really hope so