★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 3VGAMES
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 21.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** 66% OFF SALE - Super Cosmic Word Snake is only $0.99 for a limited time. Grab it while you can! ***

Compete against family and friends in this addictive and unique two player game.

REVIEWS:

*** TOUCH ARCADE: "An Incredibly Clever Retro-Styled Two Player Word Game...It's dripping with retro charm, has simple (but incredibly fun) two player single device multiplayer, and even has Game Center."

*** 148 APPS: "Super Cosmic Word Snake takes a simple concept and renders it with such flair, style and creativity that its hard to resist...Credit has to be given to the developers for creating such an innovative, fascinating mash-up of genres and play styles. The fact that it works marvelously, and is visually pleasing, is just icing on the proverbial cake."

USER REVIEWS:

*** "I always want to play games with my wife but she's not into the same games I am. She likes word games. This game fills that desire perfectly. I love that I can play a retro shooter like centipede while she can play a word game."

*** "The game is great, and my girlfriend and I are enjoying it plenty. Usually I hate words games but this is really a lot of fun."

*** "You'll come back to it time and again ! I definitely recommend this one."

DESCRIPTION:

In SUPER COSMIC WORD SNAKE two players compete against each other on the same iPad screen but each player plays a completely different type of game.

-Player 1 plays a word game, assembling words from letters and turning them into a huge word snake.

-Player 2 plays a shooting game, controlling a spaceship and trying to blast the word snake apart.

Compete with your family and friends to see who wins, the spaceship or the snake. Or play the game on your own against a computer controlled spaceship.

3VGames's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

In SUPER COSMIC WORD SNAKE two players compete in a head to head game where each plays a completely different type of game. One player plays a word game, assembling words from letters and turning them into a huge word snake. The other player plays a shooting game, controlling a spaceship and trying to blast the word snake apart.

Compete with your friends to see who will come out victorious, the spaceship or the snake, or play the game on your own against a computer controlled spaceship.

SUPER COSMIC WORD SNAKE offers fresh, innovative gameplay and a gorgeous, picture perfect recreation of an arcade machine from a bygone area.

App store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-cosmic-word-snake/id428789892?mt=8

04-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Promo codes

We have promo codes to give away to the first 5 posters in this thread. If you'd like to check out our game please say hi.

04-11-2011, 02:10 AM
Hello

Twitter: @Zincous
04-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Hi

Hi Zincous,

Sent you the code via PM.

Thanks for checking the game out. Let us know what you think.
04-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I already bought this game and think it's a lot of fun. If you have any extra promo codes, I'd love to send one to my sister, I think she'd like this game too. If not, no worries, but if so just PM me. Thanks for a cool game.
04-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Promo code

Hi SuperWeird,

Sent you a promo code via PM. Thanks for checking out our game. We appreciate it. Hope your sister enjoys it as well.

3 codes left!
04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd love a promo code to try this game. My wife and I love word games, and this one seems like it would be fun to play together. It looks like a neat concept. Will leave a review on iTunes after playing, of course !

Thanks in advance in case I snag a code !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Looks interesting - I'd love to give it a try.
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
My wife and I also love word games. This looks like a great one to play together!

Disc Drivin': cthibault
GameCenter = cthibault
PS3= merlinman1
Twitter: cthibault78
04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
This game looks really good. I like the idea of the old table top games that we used to see, and having two different types of game (shooter-word) is very original. Pretty much like everything I see about this game.

The only hold up is... Is there an option to do a one player game? Can we play just the snake, or just the ship? I really like the idea of being just the snake and seeing how I can do against the AI ship. Is this something in the game? Is it something that might be coming?

Either way, best of luck with the game... I think you've really put some fun thought into this and I love seeing original thought rewarded.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5