★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NSB
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.3 (3)
App description: Area 51 is a fun and interactive space adventure that is one continuous level,(similar to doodle jump) where you try to make it as far as you can by testing your flying skills. You use a boost trigger to avoid hitting cave walls, asteroids, and black holes. You can use Facebook, Twitter, and Openfient to brag about your high score.**Caution: extremely addicting**

Area51's comments:
I have recently posted my first app Area 51 onto the iSO platform and i am wondering if any of you have played it? I have received no feedback from anyone as of yet on how the game has worked for them or even how they like the game. If any of you would like to give me any of the above feedback on my game i would appreciate it.
Thanks NSB

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/area51/id426830920?mt=8
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Normally I'd just cast the game off as average but as long as you want feedback I guess I'll just give you some, seeing as you actually took the time to come here and ask for it.

The game's art is subpar. I've seen is a thousand times over. Try hiring a pro, or at least a freelance guy. I personally like pixel art and many games such as League of Evil, The Blocks Cometh, etc. have been reviewed highly in part for it. That's step 1.

Step 2 is the gameplay. I'm guessing this is pretty basic right? Aliens come at you as you shoot them down, blah blah blah. Make it exciting, you know? Get some awesome power-ups like a plasma beam, shields, extra lives, stuff like that. And make this a level based game.

One thing that was great about Monster Mayhem was the way you faced the enemies. You experienced a new enemy every few levels, along with a name, stats, etc. Do this here. Start writing down some ideas. Don't let the player see alien1, alien2, etc. They should see Org and Blosmon and stuff like that.

One last thing is keeping the player interested. Do you have GC? Openfeint? Get both, and load em with achievements. Some players just love them and will buy any game with them included just to boost their achievement points.

Well I guess I've said enough, good luck!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
The preview screens at the app store dont look the best. Specially when one of them is the pause screen

Also give the game to beta testers and get honest feedback from them. Don't give up after the first game you've built, sure you learnt a lot and your next game will be a big improvement
04-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Another suggestion... dont create accounts to download, rate and review your own game in the appstore, people take that as an offense and is not a good way to promote it.
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyGamer View Post
Another suggestion... dont create accounts to download, rate and review your own game in the appstore, people take that as an offense and is not a good way to promote it.
I didn't even look at the reviews. Please don't tell me it's been shilled already. That really is the most pathetic thing. Especially when they take it as far as creating accounts here aswell.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero