★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ☆IGF China 2011 Main Competition "Best Mobile Game" Award Winner
☆International Mobile Gaming Awards most innovative game nominee
☆4.5 out of 5 "...what a game can and should be." - 148apps.com
☆4.5 out of 5 "Unique, Fun and Addictive" -Enoda
☆"The game comes highly recommended for anyone who enjoys interactive games with puzzle elements..." -AppModo
☆"Ant Hive Games has reinvented its crazy fun action puzzle game." -DIYgamer
☆"An excellent puzzle/action title" -ApplicationIphone.com

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Player 5-Star Ratings ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
'Clever and engaging' -lam40
'Addicting and fun" -Coolgirl82
'Amazing' -Sunnyd16
'Great game!!!' -Desio72
'Excellent puzzle game' -Superguyabe
'Great puzzler' -NatLog
'Simple yet inventive!' -Corbett Roy
'Can't stop playing' -Jason Lanoie
'Highly addictive!' -tashina
'Very addictive!'-Tctroyer

The Line is an innovative action puzzle game that requires both brains and dexterity.

In the Line you meet Eddy who is confined to the line from which he was spawned. As his guardian you are tasked with protecting him from the many dangers he will encounter as he makes his way ever forward.

This is done by drawing and erasing lines from his environment to find him safe passage. In addition to fire and ice spells to control his speed, you will also have access to catapults and bumpers to shoot him over and around danger.

Along the way you will encounter logic filled puzzles wrought with a host of hazards, including electrical beams, burning coils, acid droppers, angry slugs, and more!

FEATURES:

CASUAL MODE
☞ Ease into the action with 50 casual levels, for quick pick up and play fun.

CLASSIC MODE
☞ 2 complete worlds, with a total of 115 levels to put your skills to the test.

REFINED CONTROLS
☞ Manipulate the environment with ease using the highly refined interface.

EASY NAVIGATING
☞ Using the freeze spell with a 2-finger drag, you can stop and pan around the level to plan for what's ahead.

SCORE BIG
☞ Post the best score and show the world what you've got.

ACHIEVE GREATNESS
☞ Over 20 achievements to unlock to keep you thinking outside (and inside) the box.

morlich's comments:

***LIMITED TIME DISCOUNTED PRICE***
***Polished and shiny, now with a 165 levels!***
4.5 out of 5. "...what a game can and should be." - 148apps.com

"The game comes highly recommended for anyone who enjoys interactive games with puzzle elements..." -AppModo

International Mobile Gaming Awards most innovative game nominee!
The Line is a new innovative action puzzle game that requires both logic and skill.

In the Line you meet Eddy who is confined to the line from which he was spawned. As his guardian you are tasked with protecting him from the many dangers he will encounter as he makes his way ever forward.

This is done primarily by drawing and erasing lines from his environment to find him safe passage. In addition to fire and ice spells to control his speed, you will also have access to catapults and bumpers to shoot him over and around danger.

Along the way you will encounter 165 logic filled puzzles wrought with a host of hazards, including electrical beams, burning coils, acid droppers, angry slugs, and much more!

FEATURES:

CASUAL MODE
- Ease into the action with 50 casual levels, for quick pick up and play fun.

CLASSIC MODE
- 2 complete worlds, with a total of 115 levels to put your skills to the test.

REFINED CONTROLS
- Manipulate the environment with ease using the highly refined interface.

EASY NAVIGATING
-Using the freeze spell with a 2-finger drag, you can stop and pan around the level to plan for what's ahead.

SCORE BIG
- Post the best score and show the world what you've got.

ACHIEVE GREATNESS
- Over 20 achievements to unlock to keep you thinking outside the box.
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Wooh! A first article about The Line HD v.2.0 has been published on DIYgamer:

Quote:
One of Shangai’s best mobile indie teams, Ant Hive Games, has reinvented its crazy fun action puzzle game, so dubbed The Line HD v.2. I’m calling Ant Hive one of the best because The Line was good enough to make me play through it without having to write a review for it.
http://www.diygamer.com/2011/04/ant-hive-games-rel/

Thanks to them and be sure to check the article out :-)

04-11-2011, 11:33 PM
The Line HD is number 9 in the French top100 paid apps!
Thanks to our French supporters and vive la France!

A promocode giveaway is coming shortly!
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
This game is amazing, very unique!
04-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Thanks a lot!
Please stay around. We're preparing a little promocode giveaway. Keep this topic alive and we'll drop some codes to the best posts :-)
Oh and don't forget to rate this thread and The Line HD on iTunes if you already own the game!
Cheers!
04-12-2011, 06:04 AM
The Line HD is now number 5 in the French charts!

For the giveaway, i guess we'll wait the end of the day (US), everybody sleeps right now
04-12-2011, 12:11 PM
If you're giving out promo codes I'd love it if you could PM me one. Like I said, I already bought the game, and think it's absolutely fantastic, and I'm betting my sister would like to try the game too. If you have an extra promo code I'll pass it on to her. If not, no worries, I'll probably end up gifting the app to her, but if you've got free codes I'll certainly put it to good use. I already left a 5 star review on iTunes. This game is unlike any I've played, great work!
04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
When I was a child, I saw a rerun of a famous cartoon called, The Dot and The Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics. The artwork was simple, without being simplistic, keeping the viewer interested in the story. When I saw your game's artwork, I had a flashback to this very cartoon -- and anything which reminds us of a happy childhood memory, is certainly to be praised.

Should you have a promo code, I'd be delighted to accept one, but thanks to devs for making them available to all.

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
I really like the simple but stylized graphics of the trailer and the jazzy vibe of the music. I am looking forward to the promo code giveaway; otherwise I guess I will have to buy this one :-)
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Looks very cool, but I'm having trouble visualizing what's going on in those screen shots. Is there a video somewhere?

I've added the game to my wishlist and will check it out as soon as I get the chance.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic