★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ninja Trials! [and Free Version]

04-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Ninja Trials! [and Free Version]

Hi All,

It's with great pleasure that I announce the launch of Ninja Trials, which is undoubtedly the best iOS game we've ever released... okay... it's also the only one too... but I really hope you agree that it's pretty good!

NinjaTrials is a platform puzzler featuring two of the characters from our now-classic web game: TinyTrials. In the game the sadistic Sensei has set our valiant Ninja his toughest challenge yet: collect the rogue soap bubbles on his Zen balance ball. It features easy, medium and hard levels, easy has been playtested by my 3 year old, medium can be completed by my 6 year old and only the developers can complete hard :O). You can find a gameplay video on YouTube here:http://youtu.be/_cDAm1PUVsY

I should admit however that not everything has gone to plan...

Our original plan was to get the bones of the game built and then start building up a bit of awareness of the game prior to its release. Unfortunately someone (almost certainly not me I don't think, honest) didn't fully understand the significance of "Version Release Control" and therefore we were caught slightly unawares on the 1st April (oh the irony!) when our nearly complete game suddenly crashed into the app-store, doh!

An update was submitted the following day which addressed most, if not all, the issues in the app and I'm very pleased to say this update hit the app store on Friday, phew :O)

So... as we're now heading back towards the plan it's time to start promoting the game and as TouchArcade is clearly the nirvana of touch gaming we thought we better start here!

You can find the game on iTunes here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/ninjatrials/id427552219?mt=8#

Hope you enjoy it, there's plenty more in the pipeline, both new levels and content for Ninja Trials and the other games that we're currently working on.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

C

Last edited by chriskempt; 04-13-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Removing used promo codes
04-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I would love to see a video of the game!

-Michael Jarvis, co-developer of:
Quest for Kullvaria
MooView Games - Facebook - Dev Blog - Twitter - Touch Arcade - YouTube - Email

04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Ah... good point! Err... currently working on that... should have one very soon!
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Excellent!

Also, as an aside, it might be worth mentioning what your game is about?

Quest for Kullvaria

Last edited by Geta-Ve; 04-11-2011 at 10:30 AM.
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Ah... another fine point... err... you're not trying to make me look like an amateur are you?!

Last edited by chriskempt; 04-11-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling.
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Cool. I took KEW7TKKP97EX. Will post a review or something.
04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskempt View Post
Ah... another fine point... err... you're not trying to make me look like an amateur are you?!
I wouldn't dare! haha. :P

I have been trying out your game and I will try to put a full write up a little later tonight, but my initial thoughts are as follows;

Nice art style, animation on the ninja looks odd (because there is no build up or fall off, it's just ... on), menu aesthetic could use some work.

As I said I will try to get a full review up for you later.

Quest for Kullvaria
04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglactable View Post
Cool. I took KEW7TKKP97EX. Will post a review or something.
Brilliant, thanks!
04-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta-Ve View Post
I wouldn't dare! haha. :P

I have been trying out your game and I will try to put a full write up a little later tonight, but my initial thoughts are as follows;

Nice art style, animation on the ninja looks odd (because there is no build up or fall off, it's just ... on), menu aesthetic could use some work.

As I said I will try to get a full review up for you later.
Thanks, I wait with trepidation, be kind )
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Game Impressions

Not bad at all. Good controls, simple but addictive gameplay mechanic. I'd like to see more "open" levels with room for speed and lots of stuff to collect: zooming along is quite satisfying in this game when you can do it, in the same way as, say, Tiny Wings or Sonic. Overall well worth a buck. A video will help sell this, particularly if it shows off both the speed levels as well as precision. More levels would be very welcome, particularly if infused with variety and imagination. Best of luck to the dev; this definitely has potential to do well.