★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iRequiem is dead long live HellGore

04-11-2011, 02:46 PM
iRequiem is dead long live HellGore

We are announcing that we have changed the name of our horror themed shooter from iRequiem to HellGore. The reasons are simple, marketing and product position in the market. There is no confusion what is what this title is about it sounds edgy and violent the perfect combination for a great game.

Youtube link | Pop Up

World of Khaos a tower defense game with shoot 'em up mayhem
Space Falcon Reloaded - Arcade space shooter like no other
Rapid Turtle Games | Twitter | Facebook
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
edgy and violent the perfect combination for a great game
Really?

Most of the top iOS games are neither edgy nor violent. They are fun, have good gameplay, and good value for money.

Just saying...

04-11-2011, 03:19 PM
The name HellGore sounds like something my 6 year old nephew would come up with.
04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknight1st View Post
The name HellGore sounds like something my 6 year old nephew would come up with.
Watching the video, I'm thinking maybe your 6 year old nephew actually made the game too.

Sorry devs... I know there are people out there who will like this sort of game. But it's seriously dated stylistically (very 1990's post Mortal Kombat) and looks pretty one dimensional in terms of gameplay. Just my opinion. But good luck with it.
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Watching the video, I'm thinking maybe your 6 year old nephew actually made the game too.

Sorry devs... I know there are people out there who will like this sort of game. But it's seriously dated stylistically (very 1990's post Mortal Kombat) and looks pretty one dimensional in terms of gameplay. Just my opinion. But good luck with it.

Can you show us some of your game development related work?

World of Khaos a tower defense game with shoot 'em up mayhem
Space Falcon Reloaded - Arcade space shooter like no other
Rapid Turtle Games | Twitter | Facebook
04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagellumDei View Post
Welcome to the public marketplace, where gamers/customers have the right to voice opinions and thoughts on products. Good luck.
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I think this looks cool and appreciate that the developer has been active in Touch Arcade. I love good schlocky fun but the name is a little derivative and generic to carry the weight developers may have hoped for.

This is one that's been on my wish list for a bit and when I whittle my game queue down some and I'll check it out.

Edit: A few well placed review promo codes might help turn this thread around for you.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-11-2011 at 03:54 PM.
04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagellumDei View Post
Wow, good luck trying to convince people to buy your unoriginal game in a genre which is already flooded in the Appstore with this kind of attitude.

from the video it looks average but potentially fun in the short term, like all these "kill everything in a 2d plane with nothing else but monsters in sight because we couldn't make real levels for you to explore" games that I really can't stand anymore.
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
I dont think he had an attitude. He wrote here about the games name change and was attacked in all directions. Not everyone has to like this kind of game. But let the guy post in peace without having to put up with trolls

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
I dont think he had an attitude. He wrote here about the games name change and was attacked in all directions. Not everyone has to like this kind of game. But let the guy post in peace without having to put up with trolls
When someone criticize your game without reason, you should reply with something that makes them look like the trolls they are (if they are)

Like explaining why this game is fun, why someone should spend money (and not just 0,79 cents) on this app instead of on the hundreds of apparently identical (and shallow) games of this kind.

Maybe point out why this game isn't as shallow as Van Pershing, or Wolfchild, or Slashmaster, just to name a few other apparently similar, and mediocre, games.

When all you can do is point out that "you're not a developer, therefore you can't criticize my game!", well, that's an attitude I don't like at all.