★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Birds is the best-selling game on PlayStation Network

04-11-2011, 04:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Angry Birds is the best-selling game on PlayStation Network

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/A...ws.asp?c=29014

75 million registered accounts worldwide. Over 1.4 billion pieces of content downloaded since launch. Since January.
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
You are dead sony

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
04-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Rovio pulled a dumbass move when they brought it to PSN. Um, hello!? Rovio?! This is the same company thats bashing idevice gaming, you know, the one that made you a SUCCESS!!!
04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post

75 million registered accounts worldwide. Over 1.4 billion pieces of content downloaded since launch. Since January.
without doubt

a little clumsy, a little blue
04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post

It's hard to believe how quickly Angry Birds has become a juggernaut. Good for Rovio.

Gamecenter: DEATHLRD
04-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Rovio pulled a dumbass move when they brought it to PSN. Um, hello!? Rovio?! This is the same company thats bashing idevice gaming, you know, the one that made you a SUCCESS!!!
Principles are often put aside for $MONEY$. I'm sure the creators of Angry Birds talked a big game until Sony showed up with a paycheck. It's really a defense mechanism to attack the competition and Rovio/Sony were just promoting their primary platform. Those comments coming from both sides are really to subconsciously instill a certain ideology about gaming, and what it should/shouldn't be. At the end of the day, it's just about creating opinion and making sales.

Honestly---------Why try beating 'em when you can join 'em.----------- Rovio's fiscal gains have probably (not referenced and purely assumption) doubled since. If only companies/people kept their integrity, this world would be so very different and I agree with you on the hypocrisy displayed.

Now that Rovio has seen success on its very popular "1-hit wonder," lets see if they can sustain the hype/creativity for the long haul. It's nice to see a developer succeed, but trust me on this, like trucker hats and generic tattoos, this too shall pass.

Last edited by weehoo; 04-11-2011 at 11:51 PM.